charleslee

AR’s, AK’s, lowers, all prohibited now???

Tried ordering an AR lower from PSA & they wouldn’t ship it to our lovely (sarcasm) state. Complete AR’s & AK’s same deal. Tried Atlantic Firearms - also prohibited. Sucks. Is this new? I knew AK’s couldn’t have the letters AK on the receiver but an outright ban??? Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, charleslee said:

Is this new? I knew AK’s couldn’t have the letters AK on the receiver but an outright ban???

That's PSA/Atlantic company policy, not anything new in NJ law.

They've decided individually they don't want the hassle/risk of selling into NJ.

Other retailers will.

38 minutes ago, charleslee said:

Tried ordering an AR lower from PSA & they wouldn’t ship it to our lovely (sarcasm) state. Complete AR’s & AK’s same deal. Tried Atlantic Firearms - also prohibited. Sucks. Is this new? I knew AK’s couldn’t have the letters AK on the receiver but an outright ban??? Thanks. 

AK's can not have the "Kalashnikov" name on the frame - AK (As in PSAK-47, RAK-47, ect.) is fine...........

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

19 minutes ago, charleslee said:

Unfortunately PSA is the only source for the new Harrington & Richardson retro pieces which I want. 

If they're not regulated items then get a family member/friend in another state to order them for you and then re-ship them to you.

If they are regulated items - If you're friendly with a NJ FFL, see if that NJ FFL has a "friendly" FFL in another state who will initially receive them and then forward them onto your NJ FFL.

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

That's PSA/Atlantic company policy, not anything new in NJ law.

They've decided individually they don't want the hassle/risk of selling into NJ.

Other retailers will.

I've ordered several stripped AR lowers from them to NJ no problems.  Have to be shipped to an FFL obviously.  If they are no longer shipping AR's to NJ this IS something new as of this year.  They are pretty good about putting a notice at the top of their page when they change their shipping policy to a state.  I have seen nothing about NJ on there.  

Just double checked.  Looks like PSA will only ship stripped lowers.  The will not ship completed AR's/AK's rifles (likely due to only having threaded barrels with flash hiders) or complete lowers (not sure why on this one).  

Shipping Restrictions By State | Palmetto State Armory

New Jersey

1. No Drop Ship ammo
  2. FOID Required for ammo purchases
  3. No Complete AR / AK Receivers
  4. Non-compliant AR and AK pistols will not be shipped
  5. Non-compliant AR and AK rifles will not be shipped
  6. Non-compliant Handguns / Pistols will not be shipped
  7. Non-compliant Shotguns will not be shipped
  8. No magazines with a capacity of 10+

DirtyDigz: Ok I w/ thanks, theirs always Gunjoker/pvt sales. 
I just let the guy there (Eric?) know the SKU #’s for what I wanted so waiting to hear back. I hope he doesn’t charge exorbitant rates, you did use the word “desperate.”  We’ll see. Thank you again for the tip. 

18 minutes ago, charleslee said:

Harrington & Richardson M16A1 retro lower receivers. Here are the SKU’s, Jack. How’re you & yours BTW?  Hope all is well, thanks. Charles 

HR516551628440 & R51655160794 

I'm very good, Thank you!

I will see if I can make it happen for you............