MB24

Florida non resident ccw

You need Basic Pistol,  prints,  picture,  application,  and 97 dollars.  Mine took about 3 weeks.  There is no more distinction of non resident or resident. The permit does give you some other rights when purchasing also.  See the Florida law for more specifics.  GFH has it all listed on the website.

3 hours ago, Tunaman said:

You need Basic Pistol,  prints,  picture,  application,  and 97 dollars.  Mine took about 3 weeks.  There is no more distinction of non resident or resident. The permit does give you some other rights when purchasing also.  See the Florida law for more specifics.  GFH has it all listed on the website.

Thanks, all by mail?

Or if you are lazy like I am, you could go to Gun for Hire.  They take care of all the details, including the fingerprinting, put it all in a nice package for you, then you put in a check with your fee and send it in.  I believe it costs less than $100.

• Agree 1

I went through the FL Dept. of Agriculture. Requested a few fingerprint cards and printed out the application. Had my fingerprints done at the Sheriff's Office here, no charge. Got photos done at AAA for$6. Mailed the application, fingerprint card, photos, copies of NRA cert. and DL, and check for $97. Almost as easy as getting a non-res PA carry permit.

On 5/7/2023 at 10:07 PM, bennj said:

I went through the FL Dept. of Agriculture. Requested a few fingerprint cards and printed out the application. Had my fingerprints done at the Sheriff's Office here, no charge. Got photos done at AAA for$6. Mailed the application, fingerprint card, photos, copies of NRA cert. and DL, and check for $97. Almost as easy as getting a non-res PA carry permit.

received the fingerprint cards, have photos, nra cert. Is the application online. Can't seem to find it.

Never mind. Found it.

online instructions say nothing about copy of DL or copy of NJ CCW. Are they required?

Before mailing your application, please review it carefully to ensure that it is COMPLETE and ACCURATE. You
should include the following items with your application.
TRAINING DOCUMENTATION as described in the section pertaining to QUESTION 6 above
CITIZENSHIP/RESIDENCY DOCUMENTATION as described in the section pertaining to QUESTION 5 above
(if applicable)
COURT DOCUMENTATION REFLECTING FINAL DISPOSITION OF ANY ARRESTS (if applicable)
PHOTOGRAPH
A COMPLETE AND LEGIBLE SET OF FINGERPRINTS OR A COPY OF YOUR RECEIPT FOR YOUR ELECTRONIC
FINGERPRINT SUBMISSION
A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER FOR THE APPROPRIATE FEES

I applied back in 2021. DL wasn't required, and NJ PTC was only a dream at that time. I also see that they now accept electronic print submission receipt, I had to send inked prints then. Except for having to re-submit my first set of prints because they were illegible, it was easy.

20 minutes ago, bennj said:

I applied back in 2021. DL wasn't required, and NJ PTC was only a dream at that time. I also see that they now accept electronic print submission receipt, I had to send inked prints then. Except for having to re-submit my first set of prints because they were illegible, it was easy.

I need to renew and went through Hell trying to get a PD to ink print me!  Are you sure non-resident renewals can be electronic?

TO RENEW YOUR CW LICENSE, THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET:
  • All qualifications specified in Section 790.06(2) & (3), Florida Statutes, for a Concealed Weapon or Firearm license.
    1. Section 790.06(2) & (3), Florida Statutes (opens new window)
  • If you have an out-of-state residence address, fingerprints must be taken at a law enforcement office.
  •  
  • Your "Renewal Notice for Concealed Weapon or Firearm License" that you received in the mail. I did not get a renewal notice and am a month away from expiration!  It seems they also want paper cards again!

Did you make the check out to the FL Dept. of Agriculture?

I believe so, there were instructions on the application stating where to mail the check.  I'm away for a few days but will look at my checkbook when I get home. I also remember calling them with a question about something as well.

10 hours ago, bennj said:

I believe so, there were instructions on the application stating where to mail the check.  I'm away for a few days but will look at my checkbook when I get home. I also remember calling them with a question about something as well.

Thanks,appreciate your replying. Read the instructions several times and didn't see anywhere for an address. I tried contacting them via the "contact us" option on their site, emailed them and called them. No response. I was assuming the check gets made out to FL Dept. of Agriculture and returned to them because thats where the finger print cards came from.

Just looked at my checkbook from 2021, I mailed the check for $97 to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Unfortunately, I don't have the full mailing address. I remember calling and speaking to a guy after a short wait. Maybe try calling and the 'contact us' option again? Good luck.

18 hours ago, bennj said:

Just looked at my checkbook from 2021, I mailed the check for $97 to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Unfortunately, I don't have the full mailing address. I remember calling and speaking to a guy after a short wait. Maybe try calling and the 'contact us' option again? Good luck.

Thanks, much appreciated.