I'm looking to get a few to have some fun in the back yard.  I'm not new to throwing, but have never owned one.  I'm looking for economical, but well made axes.  Can anyone give me a recommendation, please?

Something like this set is what I have in mind:  BTI Smith & Wesson Hawkeye Throw Axes 3 Pck 1117231 | Google Shopping

most of your axe throwing joint just have you throwing run if the mill hatchets. The harbor freight hatchet is pretty solid for the money. The $15 one with the hickory handle is the one I'm referring to. If you want an axe to stick well, you will either need to get a surface it can penetrate easily, or reprofile the blade edge. Which you kind of need to do if you want to actually have it chop wood and not suck as well. 

16 minutes ago, Sudsy said:

Damn that's expensive considering it's rudimentary design.

I ordered these for the fair Cindy and we will be trying them out this weekend. Detailed report to follow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QX76VFX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Damn that's expensive considering it's rudimentary design.

Not in comparison to others it's size, its got some weight behind it.

It's tough and and take a beating. I've had mine for 15 years+, replaced the handle a few times and that's it.

It takes and holds a good edge too

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 5/11/2023 at 7:07 PM, brucin said:

I ordered these for the fair Cindy and we will be trying them out this weekend. Detailed report to follow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QX76VFX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Quoting my own post because I never reported back in a timely manner.  apologies.

These were quite good, well balanced and quite sharp. We have used them a few times and the edge has held up but the target is a slice of a log, not plywood.

For the money I recommend them.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

13 hours ago, brucin said:

Quoting my own post because I never reported back in a timely manner.  apologies.

These were quite good, well balanced and quite sharp. We have used them a few times and the edge has held up but the target is a slice of a log, not plywood.

For the money I recommend them.

Thanks!  I was staring at my round while mowing last night and thinking that I should make a purchase before the summer is over.  :icon_rolleyes: