45Doll

Ayoob On Carrying With A Chambered Live Round

On 5/17/2023 at 4:38 PM, GrumpyOldRetiree said:

I just bought one of these for a Glock 43X I have a deposit on, waiting for my P2P. I understand it is kind of like keeping your thumb on the hammer of DA/SA pistol when holstering, but does it just provide you with tactile indication of trigger movement or  does the thumb pressure provide enough force to prevent trigger movement like a hammer fired gun?

Putting thumb pressure on it resists movement of the trigger bar, but can't be guaranteed to STOP movement of the trigger.

It depends on how much pressure is being applied to the trigger - If you're forcing the handgun into the holster with your entire arm and something snags the trigger, your thumb alone is likely not going to be strong enough to stop the trigger from actuating.

I'd say it's really more of a tactile warning - if you feel that plate moving while you're holstering then it's time to STOP and see what's going on.

I can assure you I won't be jamming the gun back into the holster.

What prompted my question is that due to work related injuries over the years I don't get a whole lot of tactile sensation in my strong side thumb. So I'm not sure I will feel slight movement or pressure. After testing, I was sure I could feel the hammer of a DA/SA pistol being cocked via trigger depression and could actually stop the trigger movement by applying thumb pressure.