Grima Squeakersen

Vendor(s) to avoid: Garrison Grips

I didn't see any other place appropriate to this, so I started the topic here under "general". Mods feel free to relocate it. I recently purchased my first semi-auto handgun (previously used only revolvers), a sub-compact model that is striker-fired and lacks a safety. I have ordered an IWB holster, but I currently have a soft pocket holster that fits it (and my pocket, with it) nicely. The only problem with that holster is that, while it does shield the trigger, it is pretty soft, and I could see a remote possibility of depressing the trigger while putting it in to (or pulling it out of) my pocket. I did some on-line research, and discovered some safety devices that wedge behind the trigger that I was interested in trying, at least until I became more accustomed to the gun . Most were for Glocks, but I found one that fits a different but very similar model of the same brand handgun I bought, called the SAF-T-BLOK trigger block safety, from an outfit called Garrison Grips in Arizona. On 2 or 3 occasions over a couple of weeks, I tried to ask them if any of the examples would fit my model handgun, using the inquiry form on their web page. Never got an answer. Yesterday, I decided to send an email to their listed contact address asking the same question. While copying that address, I noticed that there was a widget on their web site featuring a telephone icon, that announced "Talk with Stephen Pagac?". I opened that, and it requested that I enter my phone # to request a call back. I did so, and immediately received a text message to call 520-906-4581, which is the number for Garrison Grips listed on the web site. I texted back "Will do". I immediately received a text from the Garrison Grip number, telling me to "F**K OFF" (without the asterisk mask). I texted back asking if he was Stephen from Garrison Grips, and how he justified that rude a reply to a contact that he had invited. I never received an answer to that question, so I reported the number as SPAM and blocked it this morning. Why anyone would want to deal with Garrison Grips or this unreasonable, rude idiot Stephen, I have no idea, but I strenuously recommend against it.

• Informative 1

That is very strange. What is weird is, when you go to their site, the customer service number is listed very prominently in a large font at the top of their page. And customer service is the first link at the top of the page. No other site does all that. It looks like they really want you to call them, only so they can tell you to eff off....

5 minutes ago, Dr. Goodshot said:

That is very strange. What is weird is, when you go to their site, the customer service number is listed very prominently in a large font at the top of their page. And customer service is the first link at the top of the page. No other site does all that. It looks like they really want you to call them, only so they can tell you to eff off....

I guess it might have been because it was Sunday afternoon, but that isn't my problem, they are responsible for how their site works and programming it not to put messages through on week-ends, if that is what they want. I never would have even considered trying to call a vendor's CS number on Sunday, if their site hadn't prompted me to do so. Not exactly what I consider great customer service, even by the current pathetic standards...

46 minutes ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

there was a widget on their web site featuring a telephone icon, that announced "Talk with Stephen Pagac?". I opened that, and it requested that I enter my phone # to request a call back. I did so, and immediately received a text message to call 520-906-4581, which is the number for Garrison Grips listed on the web site. I texted back "Will do". I immediately received a text from the Garrison Grip number, telling me to "F**K OFF"

I suspect the initial number from the widget is not Garrison Grips, and the real person on the other end is tired of getting these messages.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, YankeeSC said:

I suspect the initial number from the widget is not Garrison Grips, and the real person on the other end is tired of getting these messages.

Well, the number I received the eff off text from was 520-906-4581, the same number posted for CS on the Garrison Grips web site (and the number the widget instructed me to call). So, unless someone has managed to find and exploit a huge vulnerability in the phone number id system, your suspicion would be incorrect...

One highly conspiratorial thought that occurred to me is that the website is fake and someone created it just to harass the person whose phone number is on it. You know, sort of like the way people write "For a good time call (phone number of someone you don't like)" on bathroom stalls.
A little crazy, I know, but not outside the bounds of possibility...

• Agree 1

On 5/15/2023 at 7:06 PM, Dr. Goodshot said:

One highly conspiratorial thought that occurred to me is that the website is fake and someone created it just to harass the person whose phone number is on it. You know, sort of like the way people write "For a good time call (phone number of someone you don't like)" on bathroom stalls.
A little crazy, I know, but not outside the bounds of possibility...

Well, according to the domain inquiry at the Internet Corporation for ASsigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) "garrisongrip.com" has been continuously registered since January 5, 2012. That would be quite a long time for a prank, would it not?

Anyway, I managed to create my own version of the "Micro Trigger Stop Holster". It took me a good bit of research to visualize what I needed to do, and then track down standard parts to execute that, but I'm quite happy with the results.

On 6/4/2023 at 8:17 AM, PK90 said:

What's their address?

Nevermind. It's at a house in Tucson.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_az/L20552076

5635 N Camino De Las Estrellas
https://maps.app.goo.gl/yfSZP9rCWHyEPYeD7

Wonder if the issue has anything to do with that "removal of officer" item for Stephen J Pagac, becasue my impression was that it is his number. Maybe he should have made sure that there was a company web page edit that reflected his removal...