EdF

Neighbor Keeping Pidgeons

I live in Cherry Hill.  The people behind my house are a pain in the ass.  We've called the police because they were burning brush on a charcoal grill.  They are petrified of our dog (you would have to know the dog to see just how funny that is).  

Now, they have built a pigeon coop in the back yard.  We have a nice, white, vinyl fence and a pool.  The bird perch on the fence and go to the pool.  So far, there hasn't been much of a bird shit problem but I'm waiting for the birds to get more settled before that starts.

So . . . Does anybody know if this is legal?  Short of buying a pellet or BB gun, does anyone have an idea for training them to stay off the fence and out of the yard?

I'm trying to be a good guy here but it's soooooooooooooo hard . . . 

https://diypestcontrol.com/4-the-birds-bird-repellent

4-birds.jpg?_i=AB

4 The Birds is a sticky compound that discourages pigeons, starlings, and other nuisance birds from nesting or perching on ledges, sills, roofs, peaks, cornices, bridges, and overpasses.  The 4 the birds transparent gel is easily applied with a caulking gun or putty knife and is weather resistant for lasting outdoor application. Before treatment application, all surfaces should be cleared of dust, dirt, droppings, and loose debris. A second treatment may be necessary if flattened by heavy bird traffic.

48 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

You know those rolls of flypaper, put strips of that at the top of the fence. They will quickly learn it's not fun to land there. When done, just peel it off and wipe down with Isopropyl Alcohol.

i really like that idea.

1 hour ago, EdF said:

I live in Cherry Hill.  The people behind my house are a pain in the ass.  We've called the police because they were burning brush on a charcoal grill.  They are petrified of our dog (you would have to know the dog to see just how funny that is).  

Now, they have built a pigeon coop in the back yard.  We have a nice, white, vinyl fence and a pool.  The bird perch on the fence and go to the pool.  So far, there hasn't been much of a bird shit problem but I'm waiting for the birds to get more settled before that starts.

So . . . Does anybody know if this is legal?  Short of buying a pellet or BB gun, does anyone have an idea for training them to stay off the fence and out of the yard?

I'm trying to be a good guy here but it's soooooooooooooo hard . . . 

can't eat them, so can't shoot them, even with a bb gun. i don't know for sure, but i'd venture that it's illegal to keep pidgeons esPECIALLY here in cherry hill.

• Like 1

True Story:

Olga of Kiev was queen after her husband was killed by the Drevlians.  The king of the Drevlians, Prince Mal, sent a delegation to Olga demanding that she marry Prince Mal - and therefore join the two countries under his rule without the need for a war.

Olga replied that she would marry him but only if he paid a dowry of one thousand homing pigeons.  The dowry arrived and Olga had a single burning ember suspended from each of the pigeons feet and released them to fly back to the Drevlians where their entire city was burned to the ground.

Go big or go home.

Call the zoning office to see if there's an ordinance for this issue.  Here in Hopewell, we had nothing on the books about chickens / backyard poultry.  It took 3 years to resolve.

Township of Hopewell, NJ Animal Control (ecode360.com)

Hopewell Township approves the backyard-chicken rule that had jokesters crowing the world around - nj.com

Hopewell Township Limits Cock-A-Doodle-Dooing Between Hens, Roosters - CBS News

When I was a kid we had 3 cats in the house.

The neighbors across the street thought pretty highly of themselves and looked down their noses at most of the village.

They installed a dovecote and got 10 doves to live in it.

For 10 consecutive days my Mum was horrified to be cleaning up a pile of white feathers from our front doorstep first thing in the morning, hoping the neighbors hadn't seen it.

They didn't restock the dovecote.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, glockncolts said:

Electrify the fence. When they land plug it in....

And ground them how?  It won’t bother them otherwise  

image.jpeg.2b2530009830a9c90d6269ab13080ad3.jpeg