GrumpyOldRetiree

Carrying on trains, busses and in transit terminals

10 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Yes, thanks. Maybe I'm being a little stunad, but could you point me to the part that answers my question? I can see the terminals being off-limits IF they are considered "transportation hubs", but I don't see anything that addresses trains & busses.

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

I think any station might be considered a transportation hub.

Once again the vagueness of NJ law.

During the oral argument for the PI this topic came up. The State's side said in their view a transportation hub is where 2 or more modes of public transport come together. E.g. Penn Station would be a hub because bus and rail are both present. They explicitly stated just a bus stop is not a hub. However, if you rode the bus into Newark Penn Station while carrying, you would be in violation of the law as you entered Penn Station. You would be OK along the route up to that point.

It is beyond dumb. They are just trying it on in as many places as possible to make carrying as hard as possible because they are control freaks.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

However, if you rode the bus into Newark Penn Station while carrying, you would be in violation of the law as you entered Penn Station. You would be OK along the route up to that point.

Maybe they will make a new rule that the bus can stop before it enters the hub and all those that carry can get off to stay legal :)

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

Maybe they will make a new rule that the bus can stop before it enters the hub and all those that carry can get off to stay legal :)

I am sure they will go out of their way to make our lives easier!:unsure:

• Haha 1

This is a very evil man, nothing short of him vanishing the earth would be good enough. He destroyed many lives from Nursing home deaths to killing small businesses that invested their life savings into their businesses.

• Agree 1

On 5/30/2023 at 1:00 PM, GrumpyOldRetiree said:

Yes, thanks. Maybe I'm being a little stunad, but could you point me to the part that answers my question? I can see the terminals being off-limits IF they are considered "transportation hubs", but I don't see anything that addresses trains & busses.

On 5/30/2023 at 1:48 PM, GRIZ said:

I think any station might be considered a transportation hub.

Once again the vagueness of NJ law.

what he said. think about it. you're standing at the lindenwold speedline station. that technically speaking is a transportation hub.. same would go for greyhound bus stations, or any other station where people are congregating for travel to another destination.

On 5/31/2023 at 6:58 AM, GrumpyOldRetiree said:

Hey, not fair! You're supposed to show him with his new "I'm gonna run for president" hair style.

i wouldn't have voted for christie when he ran before...unless forced to. and i kinda sorta liked the guy. if it came down to being between this douchecanoe or christie? christie gets the vote.

On 5/30/2023 at 3:01 PM, Mr.Stu said:

During the oral argument for the PI this topic came up. The State's side said in their view a transportation hub is where 2 or more modes of public transport come together. E.g. Penn Station would be a hub because bus and rail are both present. They explicitly stated just a bus stop is not a hub. However, if you rode the bus into Newark Penn Station while carrying, you would be in violation of the law as you entered Penn Station. You would be OK along the route up to that point.

It is beyond dumb. They are just trying it on in as many places as possible to make carrying as hard as possible because they are control freaks.

Transportation hub is not codified in NJ law.  Stretching the State's definition a small train station could be termed a "Transportation Hub" if a bus stops there.

Your post shows how the current administration just wants to make the law up as they go along.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Downtownv said:

You may not like the answers..... Searched "What is the legal definition of a transportation Hub?"

Yes I read some of those definitions.  

To my experience, if something isn't defined under state law, a judge might go to federal law for a definition.  A liberal judge might define a parking lot as a transportation hub.