EdF

NJ Unemployment

Is anyone else here having a problem collecting unemployment benefits from this state?

I filed my claim on 4/23.  I have not received a single dollar and I can't get a hold of anyone at the Department of Labor to find out what's going on.  

I have reached out to my assembly reps and state senator as well as the governor's office.  I'm told "We put your request into the system, it might take a few weeks to get a response."  When I call any UE office, I answer a bunch of voice prompts and get to a recorded message that says, "Call back another day."

I'm interested in trying to organize a group to hound our representatives and the governor's office until we get resolutions.  

Let's put something together and see if we can make some change in this state.

12 hours ago, bennj said:

COVID's fault. Besides, what's the rush, I waited almost 6 months for a PTC, you've only been waiting since 4/23 for UE benefits.

Seriously?  That's your response?

i think i've only ever applied for ue once. that was back in the early 90's. it took them a couple of weeks to get back to me to tell me things were in the process, but i still hadn't gotten anything.......then the guy whos insurance was gonna take the hit called me and offered me work. so i went back to work for him again......

On 6/2/2023 at 1:40 AM, GRIZ said:

But he's looking at the problems Adams is having.

Honestly surprised that we haven't been targeted yet. 

Op, my wife went on disability and FMLA this past fall. Your looking at 2 months for a check to show up