Scorpio64

Clay Shoot, Clinton WMA ** Sunday 6/11/23 **

Howdy folks.  It's about time we get together to turn some money into noise.  Come join us 6-11-23 at the Clinton WMA shotgun range for a morning of clay busting fun. 

If you will be joining the fun, please let us know how many will attend and what you are bringing so we can plan for supplies.

Clay Pigeon GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Shooting commences at 0900 and keeps going until we get bored, run out of ammo, or hear mom calling us home.    Shoots usually go until about 1300, leaving plenty of time for everyone to stop in at any time and join the party.

As always, these clay shoots are informal gatherings, just plain old fun to promote clay sports and encourage training, please feel free to bring friends and family.  Shooters of all experience are welcome, if you have never shot clays before, or want some tips on improving your skills, this is your chance to dust off that shotgun you bought years ago and gain some needed experience.

What you will need.

Bring your shotgun(s), as much #7.5 or #8 lead target/field loads as you want to shoot, and depending on how much you want to shoot, a carton of clay pigeons would be great.  Targets are usually available at Walmart in Clinton, Flemington, and Phillipsburg.  Don't forget eyes and ears.  Also recommended is a chair, sun screen, insect repellent, and something to drink.  There is a port-a-potty on site

If you don't have a shotgun and just want to see what clay shoot'n is all about, a loaner pump action will be available.

Basic Checklist

• Shotgun
  • Ammo
  • Eye and ear protection (mandatory)
  • Clay targets (optional but recommended for volume shooters)
  • Shell pouch (optional)
  • Folding chair (optional)
  • Water or whatever

Clinton WMA Shotgun Range
26 New Jersey 173
Hampton, NJ 08827
2sdODG7.jpg

Attending:
1.  Scorpio +2 (thrower clays and a loaner shotgun)
2. Krdshrk,  (definite possible maybe)
3. Ms. 12 Gauge  (probable maybe.)
4. High Exposure (case of targets)
5.Malice4you +2
6.Mr. Stu (trap & loaner guns)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

My wife's birthday.  Not happening this time.  I do need to get the Mossberg out of hiding as I haven't used it in 2 years.  I also want to knock the dust off the old 20 gauge.

36 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

This would be a great opportunity for your wife to shoot that case of #8 12Ga target loads you bought for her b'day.

She'd turn that on me and then I wouldn't be able to debate "the pork roll issue" here any longer.

28 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

It's tough to break away for Sunday mornings

Tell your old lady that you are volunteering to clean up state land that morning.  Technically it's not a lie if you police all your spent shells.  Just make sure you put the shotty and stuff in the car the night before.

• Informative 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

What time are you getting there?  I have a thing at about 10AM but I'm not sure how long it'll take...  Maybe will come later on in the AM.  If not, Enjoy!

@Scorpio64 said first shots at 9am. I'm only 10 minutes away and have nothing else planned for the day so I'll be there for the start and probably stay as long as there's anyone left to BS and shoot with or until I get hungry. I'll probably get there a bit before 9 to unpack my car.