Sign in to follow this  
matt6669

Scope Recommendations

Ok I am looking to finally buy my scope for my remington 700 in the very near future but I am having trouble which scope to buy.

I have a rem 700 in 7mm-08 that will be use primarily for deer hunting in the 200+ range.

I have pretty much decided on buying a Nikon scope due to the proven consistency of their glass and because of the price range they are in.

What power scope should I be looking at.

Thanks

Matt

Thats what I was thinking PK. Thats right in my price range and I had heard 3x9's were good for what I would be shooting. Seems like a 3x9 is the way to go.

Whats the difference between a 3x9 and a 4x12???

Funny thing is my buddy has a nikon and a leupold, and he is thinking about selling his leupold b/c he just likes his nikon more :)

anybody have any experience with mounting scopes. Just trying to figure out the best way to go. If I buy it at a gunshop they said they would mount it for free for me so just trying to find out how hard it is to do.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on mounting hardware?

anybody have any experience with mounting scopes. Just trying to figure out the best way to go. If I buy it at a gunshop they said they would mount it for free for me so just trying to find out how hard it is to do.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on mounting hardware?

Mounting a scope is trivial. If your scope doesn't come with rings, google the scope and see what folks are using with it. Low, Medium, medium high or high. For a 3-9x40 you can probably use medium rings but you should look at the mechanical drawing and make sure it'll clear.

I checked nikons website and it doesn't sound like it comes with rings. Any specific company I should go with. I've always been told leupold makes a good ring. I was just wondering if since I am getting the scope in silver to match my gun if I should go with a nikon ring so it matches yes I am kinda that anal :)

Maks, didn't get my scope from shop optics but I did purchase my base mount and rings from them so hopefully you get a kickback as I went through the link you put above.

WOOO can't wait to get this scope mounted up

BOOO shopoptics screwed me. When I processed my order everything was in stock, today they send me an email telling me both things are out of order. DAMMIT and my scope just arrived today. Looks like I won't be mounting it until I get back from vacation GRR