matt6669

Monthly Clay Bird Shooting event at the Ridge

Ok guys hopefully due to popular demand we can keep this going.

This past weekend there was myself, Ken (kenw), Mark (Malsua), and Dan (can't remember his SN but its dn something I think) were at the Ridge and we shot over 300 clay's between the 4 of us. It's a very laid back shooting event and anyone is welcome.

If your not a member at the ridge yet, one of us would be glad to sign you in as a guest, its 25 dollars per guest.

I am planning the monthly clay bird shoot the second Sunday of every month. We shot at 2pm this past weekend but I can pretty much shoot whenever so whatevers works best for the group works for me.

So lets get some people starting to chime in. I am hoping for a nice big turnout. I'd like to see atleast 8 people there this time. Also if someone else has a thrower that would be AWESOME!

Matt (The North Jersey Big Mouth)

ps for you pistol and rifle happy boys and gals keep your eyes peeled for the monthly shooting event I am going to be putting together for them as well.

you listen here mister. You can arrange your boat weekends around my monthly shoot day. If you want me to talk to the misses I am smooth with the women.

Ha! Here's what you'd look like the moment you got done speaking with her --> :shock: :o

Great idea. I'm in.

I'm planning to go handgun shopping (wahoo!!) this Saturday, and I'll be looking around for a decent used entry level shotgun for this. Maybe by the next meeting I can be geared up for some more fun.

K

I picked up a spring thrower yesterday. When Malsua and I first went there was another guy with a green monster and I managed to look it up online. Originally made in CT the brand is Trius Traps. I was looking for new but stumbled upon used for cheap...

bring what you own, its open to everything to tell you the truth.

I was going to go shoot slugs at the 100 yard range but I ran out of time. I had something else planned so I had to jet. Next month I can stay all day so if anyone wants to do pistol or something else. after clay shooting we can go do that!

Oh and mal, I'm use to that look, I'll have her face looking like that and she'll be like ok hunny go play with your guns.

M

I picked up a spring thrower yesterday. When Malsua and I first went there was another guy with a green monster and I managed to look it up online. Originally made in CT the brand is Trius Traps. I was looking for new but stumbled upon used for cheap...

Which one did you get? I see 4 different ones here: http://www.gunaccessories.com/Trius/ST2.asp

Basically, I got the 92s but it's 'well aged'. The kid didn't know how to attach the spring from the arm to the base and frankly, had I not seen Malsua's I might not have known either but after seeing one, they're all pretty much the same.

skeet.jpg

skeet2.jpg

Also, I don't have the angle iron in front, basically it's just the upright mounted directly to a piece of plywood, but that seemed to work pretty well for us.

Lets get this bumped back to the top. The date is approaching fast only 2 weeks and the date will be upon us. So start saying if you believe you are going to be attending, etc etc.

It would be a big help if some people can bring some birds. I'm down to my last spackle bucket of birds I will bring that with me.

I might also be bringing my father so thats two right there and lets go from there, whose in?

Excellent.

Like we had talked about this afternoon, I'm definitely thinking that Aug 8th show is no good for me so I'm gonna have to skip that, but I'll be available the 9th for some clays most definitely!

Excellent.

Like we had talked about this afternoon, I'm definitely thinking that Aug 8th show is no good for me so I'm gonna have to skip that, but I'll be available the 9th for some clays most definitely!

Yeah, I can't do the Aug 8 show. I intended to until I found out that's the weekend HLCC does the big picnic.

I'm in. My schedule is flexible to some extent, sometimes a horse show, sometimes not. But I'll make it whenever I can. Jordan wants in, too.

Well, I tried the clay thrower that I had in my basement and now I know why it's been sitting in my basement. Instead of tossing a clay straight out to 12:00, it hurled a clay to hard 3:00 right into my shed. Guess this one won't be much help. :evil:

Well, I tried the clay thrower that I had in my basement and now I know why it's been sitting in my basement. Instead of tossing a clay straight out to 12:00, it hurled a clay to hard 3:00 right into my shed. Guess this one won't be much help. :evil:

Position of clay on arm or tension on spring may need to be adjusted to get it right. Don't throw it out just yet!

Pics man - post pics. We can rebuild it. We can make it the 6 million dollar corzine & clay thrower.

Yeah, we can call it the Frankenflinger. (useful for the guy with bolts in his neck or that dimwit Al from Minnesota)