matt6669

Monthly Clay Bird Shooting event at the Ridge

when is the next shoot???? got a new thrower and everything ready to go and i have a place selling clay for 13 or 14 a case is that good??

Dicks sporting goods was selling 90 clays (the smaller box) for 6.99 or 7.99 - I can't recall. I think the big case is 135 clays.

I'll let you do the math.

Jordan is so pumped to shoot that he just got on eBay and ordered the cheap yellow thrower. Looks like I'll be spending more time at the shotgun range.

So it seems like those Central boys are going to come up the 23rd to do some clay shooting with us. Can everyone swing twice in one month. I sure want to try to do it twice so that we keep our normal second sunday but if it seems like its either one or the other, obviously were all going to shoot the 23rd to shoot with the other part of our family.

So I'm just bumping this so no one forgets about it and lets get some feedback on it. I wish it was this weekend I wanna do some shooting.

there is nothing normal about me, I can't speak about the rest of the group though.

And tell Chad your taking him somewhere good to eat and he should be ready to go so I hear. I was really looking forward to shooting twice in one month.

Plus Maks won't be back for the regular sept shoot neway

I'm here I'm here....lol

Its difficult for me to get away sometimes, especially on the weekends. But I'm working on it...gotta re-arrange a few things.

Also, I am in the process of taking out a home equity loan because I have to feed myself and Tim all day so, once that clears I should be good to go! :p

It's getting confusing... there are 4 concurrent threads touching on the same First Annual NJGF Pre-Labor Day CR North/South Shooting Event and Possible Barbecue.

As I understand it, the date is yet to be etched in stone, but we're looking at August 23, and so far the only Southern visitor we can lock down is Tim. Chad is a probable, and nobody else from down below has opted in. C'mon guys, it's not so bad north of Rt. 80. I know you're all used to beach sand and sea breezes blowing across those southern sandbars, but once you get past the checkpoints, up north isn't so bad.

Get on board!!! Let's make it happen.

Don't wanna get this thread too OT, but out of curiosity, does an 18.5 chokeless barreled shotty have any chance of hitting any clays?

I was doing okay with my son's Mossberg 500, 18.5" with an ATI skeleton stock and pistol grip. Couldn't even cheek the damn thing, since the stock has zero comb height. Granted, the clays were flying slow, but it was fun anyway. And fun is reason we were there.

I was doing okay with my son's Mossberg 500, 18.5" with an ATI skeleton stock and pistol grip. Couldn't even cheek the damn thing, since the stock has zero comb height. Granted, the clays were flying slow, but it was fun anyway. And fun is reason we were there.

Slow flying clays sounds perfect for someone like me :)

Ken don't forget about the 9th either that is definitely still a go or the second sunday of August. How does every body feel about meeting at 2pm again?

2pm is ok with me. The day is pretty much open for me so earlier or later works. My wife's sister will staying with us that weekend so they'll be off at the lake swimming. Low guilt :)

As of now, the 9th is good for me. I may take a trip up to Cabela's this Saturday and visit the used racks for a gun. I'll definitely have a thrower by then, and will probably have Jordan with me.

Mossberg 590A1 with ghost ring sights :lol: perfect for clay shooting heh

oh okay,,....the only reason I was asking is because I think I have a extra 28" bbl for a 870 I would let you borrow. But I have nothing for the 590's. Nice gun BTW, I have the same one, for my primary HD SG.

I dont think they even make replacement barrels for the 590 because the magazine extends so far forward. The ghost rings would probably give you more of a problem. I have a bead on my 590 and can do "ok" with clays.

Of course, a lot harder compared to my rem1100 30" barrel with a full choke :lol:

Now I'm ready.

Just got back from Cabela's with a new (to me) Browning BPS Stalker 12 ga. pump. It's black on black and seems to be in excellent condition. A couple of minor exterior scuffs but otherwise clean on the outside, and the bore looks like a mirror. I took the advice of my betters and went with a longish barrel. I just hope I can get to where I can hit what I'm aiming at.

Mark, you'll love this thing. It's completely ambidextrous. Tang safety and the shells load and eject from below. No side ejection port.

Cabela's had no fewer than 200 used shotguns, and about 3 times that many used rifles. A very impressive display of new long guns. And a 50' counter full of handguns. I had only been there once before, and didn't have a lot of time to browse. Today was much better. I'm a happy camper. banana.gif

K

I just picked up a Browning BPS Trap model, 30" and hope to use it tomorrow.

Let us know how it shoots for you. I'll only be looking at mine until next week.

I'd also like to try to join you guys once in awhile, being in Central Jersey, it's a bit of a hike but shounds like a good time.

I just caught the "trap" bug, it's a lot of fun.

Come up for the North/South event on the 23rd (tentatively). So far it's Tim and Chad(?). Join them for the trip.

Well from the sounds of it I think North Meets South event is going to get pushed to sept due to conflicting schedules and us not being able to have chad and maks, thats just not acceptable.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT August 9th is our monthly meet up for the North guys and all are welcome. I think time is set at 2pm unless theres a big objection and it should be a hoot of a time. I keep saying to myself, is it the 9th yet, is it the 9th yet. I'm beyond pumped.

And way to go Ken, I KNEW you were going to be buying a shotgun before we met on the 9th. You are just having to much fun blowing those little guys apart arn't you :)