matt6669

Monthly Clay Bird Shooting event at the Ridge

Thrower came today. Some assembly required.

Which thrower did you get?

I think it's the same one as yours. Yellow steel, 3 spike legs, 40 bucks shipped.

Thrower came today. Some assembly required.

Which thrower did you get?

I think it's the same one as yours. Yellow steel, 3 spike legs, 40 bucks shipped.

Suggestion...replace that blue and white rope straight away. It wore through after about 50 pulls.

I just drilled three holes in mine to mount it to the plywood.

Seen here:

This should be interesting. I'll be bringing the 32" Browning and the 18" Mossberg (with a different stock mounted). Picked up another box of clays, so I have a bit more than a box and a half, and a thrower. It looks like we'll be able to accommodate any size group that wants to come.

Is it time to start a sign-in list yet? The way I figure it, so far we have:

kenw (member)

mark (member)

matt (member)

tom (member)

troy (guest)

richie (guest)

bullpin (member)

just copy the list and add your name. Let's guilt the fence sitters into showing up.

K

This should be interesting. I'll be bringing the 32" Browning and the 18" Mossberg (with a different stock mounted). Picked up another box of clays, so I have a bit more than a box and a half, and a thrower. It looks like we'll be able to accommodate any size group that wants to come.

Is it time to start a sign-in list yet? The way I figure it, so far we have:

kenw (member)

mark (member)

matt (member)

tom (member)

troy (guest)

richie (guest)

bullpin (member)

just copy the list and add your name. Let's guilt the fence sitters into showing up.

K

You guys make it really really hard to stay away, but really, I have another commitment that I can't forgo.

Dan I think you need to make it happen my man. Does a later or earlier time work better for you or what. It's just not going to be the same without you. If your not there, one of us might be able to win the competition HAHAH

of course, my commitment is at 3pm and I can't show up smelling like gunpowder and sweat. I expect it to go to at least 5pm so this Sunday is NO GO for Dan.

Sorry.

I'm really looking forward to the South meets North not quite Labor Day clay shoot with possible hamburgers though.

wait, theres something wrong with smelling like gun powder??? huh never knew that one.

and ok if you insist!!!! If your available one day during the week dan, shoot me a PM. I can pretty much arrange my schedule to go any day but wednesday as that's row night. We'll throw some rounds through the 40's

As for everyone else

Checklist:

Shotgun Shell's

Clay Birds

The ability to joke

And the ability to have a huge grin on your face the whole day.

You have those 4 things, be ready to have an awesome time!

See you all sunday at 2!

kenw (member)

mark (member)

matt (member)

tom (member)

troy (guest)

richie (guest)

bullpin (member)

dave s. (CR member, not NJGF) FOK (friend of ken)

My neighbor has expressed an interest in just watching for a bit. He's an old army armorer from back in the 60s and hasn't shot in years. Don't put him on the list, but he may want to come. More likely he'll just want to come with just me on a different and shoot his .357 but I don't know yet.

Hey, NORTHERN GUYS!!!

C'mon, who else is coming??? There's plenty of room and plenty of CR members to host you in. Doesn't matter if you've never done clays before. This is just my 3rd time, and I suck as bad as anyone. No embarrassment... you're among friends here. No gun? Use mine!!!

We need to get over a dozen to grab the group shoot record from the Southie's BA shoot group.

The North Shall Rise Again!!

Well when you put it that way :lol: In all seriousness, put me down as a tentative. I have some relatives in town that are supposed to be coming over to the house on Sunday, but they may have to leave town earlier than expected. So depending on what ends up happening with them, I may try to swing on up. I will post a definite yay/nay Saturday.

Quick question: I really need to at least try out the 590 I just got, but, with the shorter length of pull stock I have on it plus the ghost rings, it's prob pointless for clay shooting. So, assuming I can make it on Sunday, is there somewhere to shoot a shotgun at CR that doesn't involve clays?

So, assuming I can make it on Sunday, is there somewhere to shoot a shotgun at CR that doesn't involve clays?

Slugs at the 50/100 yd. range. If you need one, I'll bring a target frame for you to use. No buckshot anywhere on the property. That being said, If I can take a poke at clays with a 500 with an 18" barrel and pistol grip, you can use yours with no problem. At least you can aim yours.

K

caine if you want, you are more than welcome to shoot my gun. It's more of a turkey gun but it does pretty good with clays as well so if you feel your gun is gonna limit you, come anyway and shoot mine as much as you want.

Thanks for the offers guys. I may just take you up on them to see the difference with a long barreled gun. If I come, it'll mostly be to check out CR and to meet the North Jersey crew :) Shooting is just a secondary objective heh

Dam... as much as I like my family, I really hope they leave town early so I can make it up to this :lol:

BTW Do #7 1/2 shells work for clay shooting?

yip 7-1/2 is fine I pretty much shoot anything that goes boom, but your not allowed to shoot below a #7 at the clay range or anywhere else on the property if I remember correctly.

Oh man, I am so beyond pumped for sunday I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to move come monday

Oh and just leave the family on sunday, thats what half the guys are doing anyway to come out and shoot. It's totally understandable!

I'm planning to be there with my son-I'm a member of the range, he'll come as my guest.

If UPS delivers ontime I'll bring a brand new Trius One Step thrower. I still need to get some clays. Someone mentioned Dick's. Is that the store in East Hannover? I've heard you can buy them at the range as well.

This will be the maiden voyage of my Benelli Supernova. I'll also bring my Mini-14 and target frames if anyone wants to hit the rifle range as well.

Mal you gonna have some time to go do some .22 shooting. I was thinking about bringing mine just for s's and giggles

Sure. I still need to tweak both guns in a bit better. I'm thinking of stopping in at Ramsey or something and see if they have anything else to plink at.

Gonna have to fit my junk in the WRX as my truck is still in the shop. hmm.

I'm planning to be there with my son-I'm a member of the range, he'll come as my guest.

If UPS delivers ontime I'll bring a brand new Trius One Step thrower. I still need to get some clays. Someone mentioned Dick's. Is that the store in East Hannover? I've heard you can buy them at the range as well.

Nice. My son wanted to come as well, but he's going camping with some friends. Probably next time.

I don't know if clays are available at the range. AFAIK, they don't sell anything there but target frames and ANJRPC items. It would probably be best to play it safe and pick them up on the outside. I got a box of 135 at Ramsey Outdoors for 13 bucks the other day. Probably the same at Dick's. Or, don't worry too much about it. I'm pretty sure there'll be plenty there.

K

Mal you gonna have some time to go do some .22 shooting. I was thinking about bringing mine just for s's and giggles

Sure. I still need to tweak both guns in a bit better. I'm thinking of stopping in at Ramsey or something and see if they have anything else to plink at.

Gonna have to fit my junk in the WRX as my truck is still in the shop. hmm.

Mal if you want, I could swing by and pick you up, I should have plenty of room in the Cherokee, I actually cleaned it! yay for me.

And Ken is right I don't believe they sell clays at the Ridge. Any shooting place shoot carry clays, don't pay more than 13.99 per 135 otherwise its a rip. I know Davis's in sloatsburg sells them for 12.99

Oh man this is going to be one fun sunday. And Ken did you check your sons temperature. Passing up to go shooting to go camping, well that doesn't make any sense at all :)