matt6669

Monthly Clay Bird Shooting event at the Ridge

And Ken did you check your sons temperature. Passing up to go shooting to go camping, well that doesn't make any sense at all

I'd be more upset if he stayed home to shoot. It's a coed camping trip. ;)

And Ken did you check your sons temperature. Passing up to go shooting to go camping, well that doesn't make any sense at all

OK OK he's forgiven, who am I kidding I'd do the same HA

kenw (member)

mark (member)

matt (member)

tom (member)

troy (guest)

richie (guest)

bullpin (member)

dave s. (CR member, not NJGF) FOK (friend of ken)

bioed (member)

son of bioed (guest)

caine (tentative guest)

MORE!!! WE NEED MORE!!!

Mal if you want, I could swing by and pick you up, I should have plenty of room in the Cherokee, I actually cleaned it! yay for me.

I'll see what I can fit on Saturday. I think I can get it all in there, I just don't want to rip my seats. :lol: I'll let you know if I need a ride. There's also a small chance the truck will be done this week. Waiting on some stupid vacuum canister that's probably coming from Nepal by donkey cart and dugout canoe.

And Ken is right I don't believe they sell clays at the Ridge. Any shooting place shoot carry clays, don't pay more than 13.99 per 135 otherwise its a rip. I know Davis's in sloatsburg sells them for 12.99

I heard someone say they sell clays there at the range, but I've never tried. We should ask when we sign the visitors in. I have picked up a box at Davis in Goshen for $12.99.

Ah, look. Ken's going to have some grandkens on the way, starting this weekend.

I'm planning to be there with my son-I'm a member of the range, he'll come as my guest.

If UPS delivers ontime I'll bring a brand new Trius One Step thrower. I still need to get some clays. Someone mentioned Dick's. Is that the store in East Hannover? I've heard you can buy them at the range as well.

This will be the maiden voyage of my Benelli Supernova. I'll also bring my Mini-14 and target frames if anyone wants to hit the rifle range as well.

90 clays at Dicks for 7.99 - I picked up two boxes this week JIC. Yes, that's the one in East Hanover or in Rockaway at the mall next to Target.

CR does sell clays. Be careful with Dick's CR requires the clay be biodegradable. Some of the sporting shops that sell clay will give you a deal for purchases of 8-10 boxes, last time I bought 10 boxes @ $10.00/box at Stokes Sport Shop.

So many people, so many toys, so little time. We may have to adjust the start time to accommodate everyone. Maybe a 12:30 or 1:00 showup/meet/sign in the guests and reconvene at the shotgun range at 2:00. That way anyone who wants to can avail themselves of the various CR amenities, and we'll still have plenty of time to blow stuff up. I could stand to spend some time on the silo or handgun range. Sort of a warmup for the big event.

Troy, start saving your nickels. After Sunday, you'll want a shotgun, and want it bad. I was hooked after the first time. Big fun.

So many people, so many toys, so little time. We may have to adjust the start time to accommodate everyone. Maybe a 12:30 or 1:00 showup/meet/sign in the guests and reconvene at the shotgun range at 2:00. That way anyone who wants to can avail themselves of the various CR amenities, and we'll still have plenty of time to blow stuff up. I could stand to spend some time on the silo or handgun range. Sort of a warmup for the big event.

Troy, start saving your nickels. After Sunday, you'll want a shotgun, and want it bad. I was hooked after the first time. Big fun.

Ken, it looks like you may be right. The issue is that every visitor needs to be paired with a member that can sign them in. One to One. I'm close and really don't have any plans for Sunday so any time is fine with me. I might have a friend from work who is interested and as I mentioned before, a neighbor is also possibly interested(it would be one or the other, probably neither). In aggregate we've got enough members but timing will be important. I wouldn't want someone to show up at 12:30 and not be able to shoot until 2.

I'm a member of CR also and was there finally this past weekend to break in my new 870.

Borrowed a friend's electronic thrower and it ended up not working. thankfully there were some other folks there who were kind enough to throw a few for me with their spring loaded one.

Also got to shoot some slugs through it... man, totally forgot how fun those are.

Cant make it this weekend, but will definitely want to be at the next one.

thanks.

Ken, it looks like you may be right. The issue is that every visitor needs to be paired with a member that can sign them in. One to One. I'm close and really don't have any plans for Sunday so any time is fine with me. I might have a friend from work who is interested and as I mentioned before, a neighbor is also possibly interested(it would be one or the other, probably neither). In aggregate we've got enough members but timing will be important. I wouldn't want someone to show up at 12:30 and not be able to shoot until 2.

I can hang with whoever I'm hosting at whatever they want to do. I'll shoot at the handgun or silo range, or just hang out at the rifle range and pop off a couple of theirs. I get there enough that an hour of something else won't be that much of a sacrifice. I'm looking forward to the 2:00 clays, but I can put up with anything else for an hour or so.

Cant make it this weekend, but will definitely want to be at the next one.

Looking forward to seeing you next time.

Matt and I are definitely going to be at the Rimfire range for a bit. I'd like to get both my .22s dead on. I want to put some holes in some quarters :).

I can shoot at the Pistol range but I'm getting close to my good ammo. 250 rounds of UMC to go...then I get into the Lawman, federal, etc. I don't want to run more than 100 rounds...I get itchy when I have fewer than 1000 rounds on hand at home. heh.

ohhhhhhhhh boy it looks like I will be going straight from the reservoir to the shooting range. I guess maybe I should shower in between no one wants a sweaty smelly rower shooting next to them.

hm lets see open row is at 9 I'll row for 2 hours probably so I should be able to swing 12ish for whoever wants to meet up. Mark I'll give you a ring when I'm heading home from the row to see if you need a ride, the jeep is washed waxed and cleaned on the inside that baby shinessss

ohhhhhhhhh boy it looks like I will be going straight from the reservoir to the shooting range. I guess maybe I should shower in between no one wants a sweaty smelly rower shooting next to them.

hm lets see open row is at 9 I'll row for 2 hours probably so I should be able to swing 12ish for whoever wants to meet up. Mark I'll give you a ring when I'm heading home from the row to see if you need a ride, the jeep is washed waxed and cleaned on the inside that baby shinessss

Matt, I'll know by Saturday...the only question is the target frame and my rimfire reset target. I think it'll fit with the seat down.

I'll probably get there around 12:30 or so. If anyone needs my cell #, PM me.

$11.00 is a good price. A couple of bucks less than the stores, and I'm sure some $ goes to the organization. I'll be buying there from now on.