Sign in to follow this  
coldsolderjoint

10/22 collapsable stock

Today at Dick's in Woodbridge, they had a stock for a 10/22 with a collapsable AR-style butt stock. It's interesting to see that they don't even fully understand NJ Laws, if you were to buy that stock and did not pin it before bringing it home and/or installing, you could be looking at prison time for having an assault weapon.

The prices at dicks are all screwed up. My dad used to work there and the computer would automaticly lower the price on a gun if it sat too long, But no one would no it until they went to sell it or checked the prices. He got some good deals. :D

I wish I could get a Red Label for $600

Wow, I did not know that. The best deal I got was when I went to Wal-Mart to get a lamp. It was marked at $25, but when I scanned it (at the self-serve scanner things), it was labeled as a spoon, and I got it for $0.37... I'll have to go check it out, I'm thinking about getting a 10/22 myself.

Well dont go buy one and risk getting arrested b/c of this post -- but the law names the banned firearms, then says those firearms that are substantially identical (i.e., collapsible stock, flash hiders, etc) to them named weapons are also banned.

The thing is, a 10/22 is not banned by name, so it follows that nothing can be substantially identical to it. Its quite possible a 10/22 with evil "features" is legal in NJ.

Again, I wouldnt want to be the test case.... so YMMV etc.

PS- in before PK. :)

Ha, I had no intentions of getting a 10/22 with a collapsible stock, but considering going to Dick's and inquiring about prices as they apparently tend to not update their floor prices with the system prices. Personally, I've used a collapsible stock on weapons during maneuvers, and I personally hate them. Give me an A2 stock or even one of the new precision stocks if they were NJ legal (made for SPRs. Somewhat adjustable, but solid still).

Ha, I had no intentions of getting a 10/22 with a collapsible stock, but considering going to Dick's and inquiring about prices as they apparently tend to not update their floor prices with the system prices. Personally, I've used a collapsible stock on weapons during maneuvers, and I personally hate them. Give me an A2 stock or even one of the new precision stocks if they were NJ legal (made for SPRs. Somewhat adjustable, but solid still).

I hear you and agree. Collapsible stocks are great for body armor, adjusting stock for your kid to shoot, and maybe storage while in transit. I like fixed stocks myself too.

This is a bit off topic, but just to add. There have been remarks about Sully stocks in prior posts, but a cheaper alternative is the Rock River Arms Entry buttstock. I've heard its just as solid, though the Sully is still better-- of course its all preference. The Sully retails at $130, RRA Entry at about $60.

This is a bit off topic, but just to add. There have been remarks about Sully stocks in prior posts, but a cheaper alternative is the Rock River Arms Entry buttstock. I've heard its just as solid, though the Sully is still better-- of course its all preference. The Sully retails at $130, RRA Entry at about $60.

True on the stocks. Also can get a no-name entry stock for $55 with buffer / spring.

http://www.mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=648

if you were to buy that stock and did not pin it before bringing it home and/or installing, you could be looking at prison time for having an assault weapon.

If it's not a pistol grip stock and the stock is the only "evil feature" then it would be legal in NJ. Check NJSP.org.

if you were to buy that stock and did not pin it before bringing it home and/or installing, you could be looking at prison time for having an assault weapon.

If it's not a pistol grip stock and the stock is the only "evil feature" then it would be legal in NJ. Check NJSP.org.

I believe it was this one: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... stid=14555

s7_229754_imageset_01?$main-Medium$

So it would be illegal under the evil features list