SickRick

Gun Pictures..... Lets What Ya Got

Spike I hate to have to tell you but a 1940 Luger would have had 2 matching number mags. Only the Byf 41 and 42 have the black bakelite mags. It also appears your barrel may have been reblued too.

You're correct, Iearned that after posting the pics. Also since posting I acquired one fxo mag with what appears to be a 3 digit serial. I didn't think they had serial numbers so I looked it up and realized what I mixed up. I'm not experienced in reblues but if you're interested I can PM some close ups of the barrel.

8DBB55C2-4074-45C7-9948-EBE9BDCEE694-94-

^ I was really happy to find this, in fact I traded my aftermarket mag for the original!

You're correct, Iearned that after posting the pics. Also since posting I acquired one fxo mag with what appears to be a 3 digit serial. I didn't think they had serial numbers so I looked it up and realized what I mixed up. I'm not experienced in reblues but if you're interested I can PM some close ups of the barrel.

8DBB55C2-4074-45C7-9948-EBE9BDCEE694-94-

^ I was really happy to find this, in fact I traded my aftermarket mag for the original!

The 3 digit code is the makers code or waffenampt.. the mag picturted is a Eagle 37/FXO. The correct type of mag would be with a Aluminum base. I believe the 1940s were Eagle 655 and had a pin through the center of the base. The mags and codes changed about every one to 2 years from 1934-1942. The 2 correct mags would have the serial,letter block, and one would have a + on it (to indicate the spare). There are a few places you can list the mags you need, I have never found any of  mine but sometimes they do turn up. There are also plenty of magazine horders.

Ah okay, I thought it was the "right" one. Always learning! By 3 digit serial I meant the number on the bottom of the base, I'll post a pic of that. My Luger is WaA655 so it would make sense that the magazine is WaA655 also and not 37. I'm still happier with this than an aftermarket and I will keep my eyes double-peeled for the right type with the aluminum base.

046F5E47-6EBE-40C5-A65E-B50AFD4D1632-94-

looks like g046 or a misshapen g846?

Here is my newest toy, got to try her out for the first time today.  Was not in the market, but when I saw it I said I had to make it mine:

S&W Performance Center 1911

9077058439_94220b3495_b_d.jpg