SickRick

Gun Pictures..... Lets What Ya Got

Gsg 522pk its nj legal? That thing is cool.

It is not legal.

ii. A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at

least two of the following:

(1) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; Check

(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor,

forward handgrip, or silencer;

(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and

that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being

burned; Check

(4) Manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and/or Check, its 83.2oz

(5) A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm Check

Any more than 1 feature and its illegal, this has 4. Lines 3 and 5 can be argued however lines 1 and 4 are rock solid proof that the gun is illegal. Only takes 2 things on this list and its illegal. Cant deny its weight and that the mag isnt in the grip...

ACTUAL .... :thsmiley_deadhorse:

It is LEGAL according the law, but ILLEGAL according to the Admin Code IF you are interpreting it as being "substantially identical" to an MP5.

ACTUAL .... :thsmiley_deadhorse:

It is LEGAL according the law, but ILLEGAL according to the Admin Code IF you are interpreting it as being "substantially identical" to an MP5.

do citizens have to abide by admin code or JUST dealers...

not saying it matters.. because technically if it violates admin code then a dealer should not be transferring it anyway? but hypothetically that is..

I don't see it as substantially identical as the gsg5 is not to an mp5. Pk90 then how is it legal if its over weight still?

it is not an mp5.. but given the guidelines that define substantially identical.. it is substantially identical IMO.. substantially identical as far as I am aware is a "test" applied to "clones".. things like caliber are not relevant.. it is essentially "this gun works and appears in a similar way to this gun that is banned... so use the following criteria to determine if it is substantially identical.. thus banned.. or not substantially identical.. and thus legal.."

My question is gsg5 was substantially identical. After the lawsuit gsg522 not identical. If hk agreed that the 522 isn't identical then how is it considered? don't mean to argue but just confirming it is illegal correct? one posted here was an out of state guy?

The gun I posted is a lightened version of the standard pistol and must weigh less than 50oz to be legal in NY. I actually had it on order for 1 1/2 years and the ATF finally approved it for sale. It uses standard GSG rifle mags, but we can't have anything larger than 10 rounds in scenic NY. :(

I've only had it for a week, but so far it's been o.k. with no real issues. I do want to try some various ammo and see how it feeds and ejects. As expected, it has almost no recoil. I bought it more as a toy and can't really see where it has any other real purpose.

I didn't really expect too much from it, but it's kind of fun (and cheap) to shoot.

My question is gsg5 was substantially identical. After the lawsuit gsg522 not identical. If hk agreed that the 522 isn't identical then how is it considered? don't mean to argue but just confirming it is illegal correct? one posted here was an out of state guy?

HK's interpretation of the law is irrelevant..

Vlad what I don't get is how is the gsg522 not a mp5 clone but the 522pk is a mp5k clone? Don't mean to argue the topic just trying to understand it and clarify whether it would or would not be possible to own.

I am not intimately familiar with either variation.. but being a clone or not a clone is only partially relevant as there are TWO schools of thought and here they are..

1) the "evil features list" ONLY applies to guns that are CLONES of guns that are banned... in that context new dramatically different guns (like a SCAR for example) would not fall under the evil features game.. because "substantially identical" applies to clones and clones only..

2) deciding if a gun is a clone or not requires too much work.. so instead as a policy (right or wrong) ANY semi auto is subjected to the "evil features game" meaning that the following is true..

is the gun listed by name?

NO-legal

Yes-illegal

is the gun substantially identical to a banned gun as defined by law (flash hider, over 50 OZ, etc..)

no-legal

yes-illegal

so what makes one legal.. and another illegal.. could be the addition of one additional "evil feature"

meaning that

NJ legal AR15 model-xyz is legal

but

the regular AR15 model-xyz (that has additional evil features (telescoping stock for example)) IS illegal...

in that context you could have two almost identical guns.. one which is legal.. and one which is not.. I have always errored on the side of caution and applied the evil feature list to ANY semi..