Lavid2002

THREE RELOADING VIDEOS FOR BEGINNERS

I don't know anything about reloading, and I've only seen the first one so far, but I already feel like I learned quite a bit! Nicely done!

One quick note. I don't wanna be the "spelling nazi", but, since this is on youtube you're bound to get comments about it.. you're mixing up "there" and "they're" :)

Gonna go watch video 2 now

ETA: Just finished watching all of them. Again, I don't know anything about reloading, so can't speak to how accurate the information is, but it definitely seemed like a good primer on reloading to me. Really nice job, Lavid!

Watched all 3 videos, very nicely done. Also major props for recommending getting a book, though I couldn't make out the full title of the one you were showing off. A lot of reloading videos don't even mention something so basic.

If you don't mind me asking what's the title of the book you were using and how much does a setup like yours generally go for?

I don't know anything about reloading, and I've only seen the first one so far, but I already feel like I learned quite a bit! Nicely done!

One quick note. I don't wanna be the "spelling nazi", but, since this is on youtube you're bound to get comments about it.. you're mixing up "there" and "they're" :)

Gonna go watch video 2 now

ETA: Just finished watching all of them. Again, I don't know anything about reloading, so can't speak to how accurate the information is, but it definitely seemed like a good primer on reloading to me. Really nice job, Lavid!

Thanks buddy. Thats why im going to be an engineer major in college not a english major lol :p

Im glad you liked the video.

If you don't mind me asking what's the title of the book you were using and how much does a setup like yours generally go for?

not at all, the title of the book is Lyman 48th Edition Reloading Handbook and my setup wasss about ehhhhh

Built the bench from scratch

Paint-I had it

Wood and screws-35 bucks

Vice-25 bucks

Lee single stage kit(press, primers, primer dispensers, powder scale, powder charge thrower, powder funnel=95 bucks

wilson casing trimmer-35 bucks

case holders, and other caliber specific things like dies -60-70 bucks

total Liberal estimation

300 bucks max.

I hate to bore you, but if you do the math....a nice .308 round will run you about 1.50 a shot. I can make match grade ammunition for about 35 cents a pop.

1.5-0.35=1.15

So lets say Im saving 1.15 cents per shot....300 (liberal) divided by 1.15 (how much I save per shot on .308) 261. Thats not even counting .223. I have to reload 261 cartridges of .308 for this kit to pay for itself......Worth it to me : ) Ive reloaded thousands from this baby and not only does it save me money, it gives me a more in depth view on reloading and how firearms work. Its also a BANGIN hobby :p

dam - when you actually break out the math like that it really does make sense to reload!

Once again, nicely done, and thanks for taking the time to put together the videos.

Oh, and nice sig line :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah makes me wonder if I'm better off reloading, getting a 22lr conversion kit, or both.

Stop stressing about what will come first... eventually, you will do it all. =)

dam - when you actually break out the math like that it really does make sense to reload!

Once again, nicely done, and thanks for taking the time to put together the videos.

Oh, and nice sig line :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah makes me wonder if I'm better off reloading, getting a 22lr conversion kit, or both.

Stop stressing about what will come first... eventually, you will do it all. =)

I want it all anyway, its just a matter of what to do first. :mrgreen:

Just watched all 3, thank you for taking the time to put these together. I know 100% more about reloading than before I watched them.

So my next question is, are there more elaborate presses that combine some of the steps without shuttling the catridges in and out? Like re-sizing/primer stripping/primer pressing and then charging/bullet setting/bullet pressing?

Just watched all 3, thank you for taking the time to put these together. I know 100% more about reloading than before I watched them.

So my next question is, are there more elaborate presses that combine some of the steps without shuttling the catridges in and out? Like re-sizing/primer stripping/primer pressing and then charging/bullet setting/bullet pressing?

Yeah there are turret loaders which is what most people push noobs to get because they're much faster. They're also much more expensive running $200 - $400 a press depending on the brand and style.

Personally I suggest getting what fits your budget and space restrictions. If you have the space, but not much money you can get a setup like the OP's. If you have the money and not much space or want really fast reloads get the more expensive turret press. Personally I don't have much space and I don't have the money for a turrent press so I may end up getting an inexpensive hand press to get me started.