StriderTB

Checked out Sayreville Sportsman today.

They had a WALL of SIG 556 rifles! At least 20, with red dot sights. I believe their price was either $1545 or $1595.

I also picked up the last two 100 round boxes of CCI Mini-Mag .22lr for $7.50 each. I haven't been able to find it on shelves in a bunch of other stores, so I'm happy.

Had a nice chat with a few of their guys as well. I haven't been in there in almost 5 years, but I had a nice experience.

I deliver material to Riverside Supply which is down the street from Sayerville Sport. One day I decided to stop in there. When I went in there I was impressed. They have a very nice selection of guns. Not a bad little shop at all.

I deliver material to Riverside Supply which is down the street from Sayerville Sport. One day I decided to stop in there. When I went in there I was impressed. They have a very nice selection of guns. Not a bad little shop at all.

I second this, I saw this thread today and took a drive over. Nice selection and friendly people. Don't know why I was driving 45min to an 1 1/2 hours to do my gun shopping. Decent prices too.

The Sayreville Sportsman does have a good selection of pistols, although I always found their prices to be on the high side. My problem with them is that they have the least interested and least friendly sales staff I have ever seen. It's as if they could take or leave your business. I wonder if the place is just open as a hangout for the owner's and employees' buddies.

As for shopping there, I had a similar policy with Harley Davidson of Edison. I would go in the store to check out the merchandise and see if I wanted it, then would buy elsewhere. I always though that bad customer service should not be rewarded. I hate to sound like Mr Negativity, but I know several people that feel the same way about the Sayreville Sportsman. We can't all be misanthropes, can we?

That wasn't my experience. I browsed for about 15 minutes and I had two of their employees ask me if they could help me find anything. Then I asked about CCI Mini Mags for my G22, and one of the other men working there came over from stocking a shelf to chat about .22 ammo.

That's great. Maybe they got their act together. The last time I was there was a little over a year ago. Maybe I'll poke my head in next time I'm in the neighborhood.

That wasn't my experience. I browsed for about 15 minutes and I had two of their employees ask me if they could help me find anything. Then I asked about CCI Mini Mags for my G22, and one of the other men working there came over from stocking a shelf to chat about .22 ammo.

prices are high - owner seems ok - salesman just plain ignorant ! -

I went yesterday. They had a decent collection of handguns with a decent supply of Sig Sauer guns. There prices were very high and there transfer fee was $75 plus a 15 dollar NICS fee which is much higher than any place I've ever been. They had a few handguns that were almost 200 dollars more than the prices at Buds. I tried to negotiate and they didn't seem to want to budge at all. The staff was friendly and spent time going over each gun. It's unfortunate since the shop is very close to me and I was hoping would be a little more reasonable with pricing.

I went yesterday. They had a decent collection of handguns with a decent supply of Sig Sauer guns. There prices were very high and there transfer fee was $75 plus a 15 dollar NICS fee which is much higher than any place I've ever been. They had a few handguns that were almost 200 dollars more than the prices at Buds. I tried to negotiate and they didn't seem to want to budge at all. The staff was friendly and spent time going over each gun. It's unfortunate since the shop is very close to me and I was hoping would be a little more reasonable with pricing.

This has been my experience. I'm so close to them... so much potential to get my sales. I'm all for paying a little over internet prices to support the brick and mortar stores, but there is a fine line between that and being ripped off.

They had a WALL of SIG 556 rifles! At least 20, with red dot sights. I believe their price was either $1545 or $1595.

I stopped in today on the way home from the range, my first visit to this place.

The WALL of SIG 556 rifles is still there. At least 15, so they haven't been selling too well. They are now on sale for $1189, plus NICS, which appears to be close to the going price.

They have a lot of handguns, appear to be close to MSRP. They have perhaps 1/2 the number of handguns that NJFAG has on display, however.

I think I'd go 10 minutes further north to the NJFAG in Rahway, where they have even more on display and better prices.

They had five stripped lower receivers for $149, which is good for a NJ retail store, but they were a brand I had never heard of, and had this "Duty Honor Country" painted on logo I didn't particularly like.

, I had a similar policy with Harley Davidson of Edison. I would go in the store to check out the merchandise and see if I wanted it, then would buy elsewhere.

There is a little independent shop just down the road from them (can't think of the name right now), it's on the same side of the road and closer to RT1. They do some decent work and are one of the few places I will go when I need something for my old shovel being regular Harley dealers think the EVO era is old and my ancient Shovel is from another lifetime.

The parts may not always be on the shelf and I may have to order them, but I do this a few times a year just so they get my business and help them stay in business, sometimes I can get it a little cheaper on-line but I like to keep local places open also, never know when you going to need a real person to help you out.

Harry

This has been my experience. I'm so close to them... so much potential to get my sales. I'm all for paying a little over internet prices to support the brick and mortar stores, but there is a fine line between that and being ripped off.

Same here, I would like to do more business with them, they are 2 minutes away from my house and just wish they were a little closer in price to what I can get from other shops. Even a couple bucks more would be fine being I could walk there, but I don't want to be ripped off.

Harry

I stopped in today on the way home from the range, my first visit to this place.

The WALL of SIG 556 rifles is still there. At least 15, so they haven't been selling too well. They are now on sale for $1189, plus NICS, which appears to be close to the going price.

They have a lot of handguns, appear to be close to MSRP. They have perhaps 1/2 the number of handguns that NJFAG has on display, however.

I think I'd go 10 minutes further north to the NJFAG in Rahway, where they have even more on display and better prices.

They had five stripped lower receivers for $149, which is good for a NJ retail store, but they were a brand I had never heard of, and had this "Duty Honor Country" painted on logo I didn't particularly like.

Perhaps we should refer to NJ Firearms Guild as NJFG. I can't take the side splitting laughter every time someone says something about NJFAG. :sarcastichand:

Perhaps we should refer to NJ Firearms Guild as NJFG. I can't take the side splitting laughter every time someone says something about NJFAG. :sarcastichand:

I used to go to that place when it was still Charlie Brenner's and Now I know it as the NJ Fire Arms Guild and being a Manager in Air Traffic I am used to seeing acronyms all the time and I always read it as I knew the name, NOW thanks to you I will get a chuckle every time I see it also. :rofl:

Harry

I am two minutes from them also. I talked to Dave a few times as well as the other gentleman there, don't recall his name. They were both friendly and helpful. Until I get my FID I can't touch anything yet......... They still have at least 10 SIG's there for less than $1200.

As far as prices I have no idea yet, still new to this entire thing. Some of the handguns seemed expensive but that could simply be me, maybe some of them actually cost $1500+. I won't be spending that much though.

The WALL of SIG 556 rifles is still there. At least 15, so they haven't been selling too well.

Those sigs have been there FOREVER. So unless he has been turning over stock, I believe he got screwed on them badly with sigs pricing change.

Handgun prices are bad, USED handgun prices are insane. Used long guns however, he seems to fairly regularly have reasonable prices with the occasional awesome deal.

I am two minutes from them also. I talked to Dave a few times as well as the other gentleman there, don't recall his name. They were both friendly and helpful. Until I get my FID I can't touch anything yet......... They still have at least 10 SIG's there for less than $1200.

As far as prices I have no idea yet, still new to this entire thing. Some of the handguns seemed expensive but that could simply be me, maybe some of them actually cost $1500+. I won't be spending that much though.

Where abouts are ya, I'm over in Towne Lake, where do you plan on shooting, any Idea?

Harry

I stop by pretty regularly, the trick is to get involved. Its a kind of "Cheers" like place. I stop by to say hi when I'm not looking for stuff, swap stories and visit. I have bought several guns there have refered friends. Joe buys a lot of collections so you never know whats on the shelf.

TC

Where abouts are ya, I'm over in Towne Lake, where do you plan on shooting, any Idea?

Harry

I'm in South River right over the bridge. I have gone to the Brick Armory. I plan on going to Jackson with some friends that belong there. I have no immediate plans since I am still waiting for my FID and my P2P's.

I shot my friends Sig .223 at the BA and liked it. Had one FTF on it. I didn't know what happened since I am brand-new at this. I put the rifle down, waited for the guy next to us to stop shooting his cannon, and then told my friend what happened. He showed me how to clear it.