sparny524

"Green Eyes, Black Rifles"

Anyone have/read this book? I heard it was like the Bible for all things AR, wanted to see if it's worth dropping the 30-some-odd bucks on it...

It is an excellent reference but I would not label it the bible for all things AR. It is certainly worth the $30 IMO.

Ditto what Chris said - dunno if I'd call it "the bible" for all things AR, but it's a very good book. IMHO the book was a little short on details at times. But it's an excellent book and worth getting.

I've heard that the M16/M4 Handbook - by Mike Pannone is another very good book on ARs, but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

Ditto what Chris said - dunno if I'd call it "the bible" for all things AR, but it's a very good book. IMHO the book was a little short on details at times. But it's an excellent book and worth getting.

I've heard that the M16/M4 Handbook - by Mike Pannone is another very good book on ARs, but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

The Handbooks best quality is its convenient size and can be easily carried to the range in a pocket or in your range bag. Other than that, some of the info is dated IMO and it is also short on details. It is still a worthwhile investment for $16.