Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

any real gunsmiths in NJ?

There is an excellent gunsmith at NJ Firearms Guild in Rahway.

I used him to install a front sight on my rifle. He did a lousy job and I wound up doing it myself. I put new front sights on three of my rimfire rifles and peep sights. I have to post some photos.

Gunsmithing takes time. It is learned overtime as any craft is. it is hard to be great at everything needed to fix all guns. There is general repair like sights and part replacement and there is gun specific smiths like Wilson.

I took a course, does that make me a gunsmith? , no.

Can I and do I fix, build and rebuild guns?, yes

Can I do everything? no I am limited because I do not have a machine shop. now give me a deal on an all in one Smithy Machine and I will be a happy man.

There is an excellent gunsmith at NJ Firearms Guild in Rahway.

I used him to install a front sight on my rifle. He did a lousy job and I wound up doing it myself. I put new front sights on three of my rimfire rifles and peep sights. I have to post some photos.

He did a great job fixing a couple of revolvers for my buddy, and fixed a Kimber problem for me, but I guess every bodfy has positive and negative stories...

An excellent, experienced gunsmith is Marco at Paterson Gunsmithing. He can do just about

anything!

I have used Marco and overall, I have been happy with his work. I had a .22 that had a bent barrel and after Marco straighted it, it turned out to have a bad barrel too. Marco charged me very little for the work. I think he gave me a break since he felt bad for me.

If I need any gunsmithing, I go to Marco. It helps that he has a range in the basement. He let me test any firearm he repaired.

I'm guessing Marco is in Paterson? Does he have a website?

I went in there once. I wasn't overly impressed, but it was just a first impression thing. His range is SUPER expensive to join and shoot at as I recall. Not too far from 80 so it's fairly easy in/out. I don't like to drive thru parts of Paterson and I went to college in Newark for over 5 years... :shock: :?

I don't believe Marco has a web site. He has done trigger jobs, hammers including extensions, barrel replacement, blueing, checkering, throating, timing, accurizing etc. all have been wonderful. IMHO he iks one of the best around. He has been working at his craft for a long time. He is not cheap, but I think you get what you pay for.

I don't believe Marco has a web site. He has done trigger jobs, hammers including extensions, barrel replacement, blueing, checkering, throating, timing, accurizing etc. all have been wonderful. IMHO he iks one of the best around. He has been working at his craft for a long time. He is not cheap, but I think you get what you pay for.

Does he have an actual business? Or at least a business card?

The Griffin and Howe gun shop in Bernardsville offers gunsmithing services. You can check them out on http://www.griffinhowe.com .

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to high brow for me. (british accent on) "So Matthew, tell me, will you think that you may hit some clays today or will Sir Chad, Duke of What's Left of Your Manhood be victorious over thee?" :o:lol:

Give winters a shot. He's an oldtime gunsmith. Won't work on anything AR but did a wonderful mounting ghost sights on an untapped Mossy 500. He's currently fixing my cheek riser on an A5 stock on my surgeon. Old fashion quality work. He's down here in south jersey in Berlin.

Winter's Specialties

15 Atlantic Ave (right off White horse pike I believe)

Berelin, NJ

08009-1257

856-767-0349

As a bonus his tiny little front counter has a rather impressive display of "old" rifles, shotguns and lever actions. He has this awesome Mauser where the stock has this curved silver arm piece coming off the end with a genuine unertyl atop. One of the skinny ones. i am not familiar with those type of rifles but the are cool as heck and they are all on sale.