matt6669

The official North Meets South Clay Bird Shoot

I was gonna bring my camera as well (mostly as an excuse to use it since it sits in a camera bag 98% of the time), but will probably skip it since there will be at least another 2. Maybe I'll get fancy and bring a pocket HD video camera instead

Photography is covered.

I'll bring mine as well. I don't have the Lenses Ken has, but I'll get some shots as well.

Curious which remote you use Ken. I've got the cheesy IR one but I'd like a RF one.

Most of the cheapo eBay remotes are pretty much the same, but I think this is the one I have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Remote-Shutter-Release-for-Canon-40D-30D-5D-1D_W0QQitemZ270453041380QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Camcorder_Remotes?hash=item3ef841e8e4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

ETA:

I was gonna bring my camera as well (mostly as an excuse to use it since it sits in a camera bag 98% of the time), but will probably skip it since there will be at least another 2. Maybe I'll get fancy and bring a pocket HD video camera instead

Cool. Video would be nice.

Has anyone heard from Chad? He's been sort of absent. Hope everything is okay.

Sounds like there will be plenty of ammo going around. Saturday I'm gonna head to Dick's again and pick up another two boxes I believe so I will have a supply handy so if anyone needs any, I think it works out to be like 4.50 per box

Clays can be bought at the range for 11 bucks per 135 you really can't beat that price unless you go somewhere and buy 10 at a time, so CR gets my buisness from now on. I'm not really worried about a clay shortage it sounds like mostly everyone is bringing a box, I have one box left that I am going to bring with me as well.

Depending on how many people actually show up will decide how many pizzas. But if 15 people show up, and each person eats two slices thats 4 pies. I ate more than two slices and I hope we have more than 15 people but if people can start to chime in if they are going to eat pizza and how many slices we should be able to get a decent count on how many pies. I'm also thinking that we should have the pies delivered or picked up at around 2ish since thats past lunch time, we'll be hungry, get it outta the way, then blow up some clays on a nice fat stomache. I'll pick up the pizzas, anyone that wants to throw a couple bucks in may, but not a big deal.

Mark, don't worry bout the clays, you got last time, thats me repaying you. No worries dude!

I'll pick up the pizzas, anyone that wants to throw a couple bucks in may, but not a big deal.

Mark, don't worry bout the clays, you got last time, thats me repaying you. No worries dude!

Well, a debt is a debt. I'll be giving you $11 anyway.

As for the Pizzas, I think we need to solicit something from everyone. At least $5. 5 Pizzas is probably going to be 60 bucks or so. Add in some sodas, it starts to turn into real money.

If everyone throws in 5 or 6 bucks for lunch, and the same for clays, we should be good to go. That way, no one is on the hook for too much. We should probably get some extra pizza and invite the range guys to join in on the feast. It's cheap goodwill building, and a little goodwill goes a long way.

If everyone throws in 5 or 6 bucks for lunch, and the same for clays, we should be good to go. That way, no one is on the hook for too much. We should probably get some extra pizza and invite the range guys to join in on the feast. It's cheap goodwill building, and a little goodwill goes a long way.
Excellent idea Ken

I agree !

room for as many as you want!!

Only thing is, I don't think any CR members are arriving at 10, I think most of us are getting there at 11.

Then 11 it is. So I'll bring my friend. He's got a couple of shotty's but their both short barrels for HD. Can he shoot them elsewhere?

he can shoot his shotguns at the 50/100 yard rifle range, but no buckshot anywhere on the premises and only shotshell at the skeet range. AKA he can only shoot slugs at the rifle range. Also whoever signs him in, he has to hang out with all day, he can't go off on his own, just as a heads up

he can shoot his shotguns at the 50/100 yard rifle range, but no buckshot anywhere on the premises and only shotshell at the skeet range. AKA he can only shoot slugs at the rifle range. Also whoever signs him in, he has to hang out with all day, he can't go off on his own, just as a heads up

I'll let him know and let you know tomorrow Matt. I'll send you a PM at lunch time.

Just tell me how much money to bring.

Matt it is nice of you to offer to cover the pies, but we should all kick in for it and soda.

I am looking forward to Sunday. Any alternative plans if the weather craps out?

The alternate plan is to still go shooting :)

All of our ranges are covered minus the silhouette range so not that big of a deal.

But if its really bad, we could definitely think of something on the fly.

Also if you are coming to this lovely shindig we are having, can you please pm me your phone numbers and I will reply with my own, that way if anyone gets lost or what not we can get in contact with you.

M

Also, if you're coming and you are not on the spreadsheet, please let myself or Matt know, likewise if you were coming, are listed on the sheet, and are unable to make it.

Spreadsheet is available here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... ZeWc&hl=en

You may need to signup for gmail to view (it's free).

Also, if you're coming and you are not on the spreadsheet, please let myself or Matt know, likewise if you were coming, are listed on the sheet, and are unable to make it.

Spreadsheet is available here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... ZeWc&hl=en

You may need to signup for gmail to view (it's free).

You can probably take Jordan off the list. It's not looking like he'll be coming, but if his plans change and he shows up, I'll cover his lunch/clay costs. Still don't know for sure about my other 2 maybes.

I just got informed that I'm leaving for Germany Sunday night.(work trip)

Not sure what that means for the shoot, but the car service probably won't be coming until later in the evening so I should be able to shoot without issues.

Of all the days..lol.

Mark,

Glad you'll be able to make it. Do you always get that kind of short notice before these trips, or is this an exception?

On another subject, is anyone bringing a CZ75 or 85? If so, I'd like to give it a try. I'm still on the fence between it and the Beretta. I've shot the 92FS, but have only ever fondled the CZ.

Ken

Mark,

Glad you'll be able to make it. Do you always get that kind of short notice before these trips, or is this an exception?

Ken

It happens. Usually when there's a brewing issue and there is. We're opening a factory in Saarbrucken and the brown stuff is hovered over the rotating blades. The lasers we've sent aren't working properly...mostly operator inexperience.