ah141nj

Front Sight's 2 day course special

Received an email today from Front Sight. They are have a limited offer for a 2-day Defensive Handgun Course for $100...it is normally $1000.

It is good for any time in the future & does not expire. It is for first time student at their facility.

Anyone interested in more details, Email me & I will forward you the email I got from them.

Received an email today from Front Sight. They are have a limited offer for a 2-day Defensive Handgun Course for $100...it is normally $1000.

It is good for any time in the future & does not expire. It is for first time student at their facility.

Anyone interested in more details, Email me & I will forward you the email I got from them.

Please forward along

where is this training?

IMO $100 vs $1200 is a much better deal...even with a free gun, An XD is about $500, so it still costs $700.

I am sure once you go they will have more discounted offers. It's $100 to "get your feet wet".

At $100, I would even consider bringing my wife.

I took advantage of a Front Sight deal a few years ago--lifetime membership plus a glock pistol and gear for $2000! I took the four day defensive handgun course. The only reason I haven't gone back is because I could not afford to (airfare, hotel room, car rental, etc. all add up).

As soon as I get over my current medical issue, I'm going to get a second job to save up for another trip out there, hopefully by spring.

wow this is expensive

figure a 4 day course at 2k + car rental, hotel, dinner. Gun rental and ammo cost which is gougerific, and 12.95 if you want lunch delivered lol

on the flip side, a diamond membership is under 99k...

Why wouldn't you bring your own gun you are already familiar with?

While I have no personal experience with Frontsight, just wanted to point out that they have had quite a few legal problems in the past. I don't remember the specifics of the recent case, but there was a class action lawsuit against either Piazza or Frontsight (can't remember which) that I believe was eventually settled. I'm sure a google search will turn up the info if anyone is interested. I don't doubt the validity of the training provided by Frontsight, but some of the "deals" that are offered just seem entirely too gimmicky to me. And, honestly, for the price, you can probably get better training elsewhere. That's just opinion on my part, of course.

Either way, just a friendly heads up.

While I have no personal experience with Frontsight, just wanted to point out that they have had quite a few legal problems in the past. I don't remember the specifics of the recent case, but there was a class action lawsuit against either Piazza or Frontsight (can't remember which) that I believe was eventually settled. I'm sure a google search will turn up the info if anyone is interested. I don't doubt the validity of the training provided by Frontsight, but some of the "deals" that are offered just seem entirely too gimmicky to me. And, honestly, for the price, you can probably get better training elsewhere. That's just opinion on my part, of course.

Either way, just a friendly heads up.

Someone is trying to earn brownie points with chris...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not to derail this thread too much, but I don't know why he doesn't do them here.. i've never seen him offer a handgun class in NJ. As far as taking them up in NY, I forget the specifics, but something about the gun laws there don't allow non-permit holding people to handle/fire handguns. And since they only give permits to residents, it's a no go.

The second class MDTS did in NJ in 2006 was a Combative Pistol Skills course and the 2 consecutive weekend classes we did at Buckeye earlier this year were combined Carbine and Pistol Skills. I have not done a dedicated pistol course recently because there seems to be more interest whenever the Carbine is involved. Maybe this coming spring we can do a Combative Pistols Skills course if you guys have not drank the koolaide and joined up at FS!

The second class MDTS did in NJ in 2006 was a Combative Pistol Skills course and the 2 consecutive weekend classes we did at Buckeye earlier this year were combined Carbine and Pistol Skills. I have not done a dedicated pistol course recently because there seems to be more interest whenever the Carbine is involved. Maybe this coming spring we can do a Combative Pistols Skills course if you guys have not drank the koolaide and joined up at FS!

Up yours chris, I just sent them a check for $98,900 for the diamond membership

My Rolex is on the way!

dont worry, you will be one fo the 40 people I invite for my party there