mikeyboyeee

.22 conversion kit for G26 or buy a .22?

Since the Glock G26 will be my 1st gun (handgun), I also plan to shoot .22 to hone my skills and have fun on the cheap.

Would I be better served with a .22 handgun or an Advantage arms .22 conversion kit for my Glock?

I hear nothing but ultra positive things about them.

The conversion kit is probably the same as a new .22 after tax and NCIS ( I would imagine).

If you're having problems getting additional handgun permits or just don't have any spares you could opt for the conversion kit, but most 22lr kits run about the same price as a 22lr pistol. The two benefits of a kit is it retains the same grip/weight of the gun you practicing with and you don't need any permits or even an FPID to purchase the kit. The downfall is you need to do the conversion between calibers every time you need a different gun for the moment. Plus if this is also your home defense gun it kinda sucks to have to load your gun just to realize you forgot the 22lr kit on in a break in scenario.

It really depends on what you want it for. I have an AA kit for my G19 and love it. Can't hit silhouette targets worth a damn with it for some reason, but other than that, it's great. First time I took it out I noticed immediate improvements when I switched back to 9mm. I can really focus on trigger reset and things like that when using the .22 conversion. So, while the kits are expensive, they're worth it in my opinion.

Ideally tho, I'd get both... An AA kit and a dedicated .22 :twisted: