Sign in to follow this  
67gtonut

IWB Holsters

Just thought I would start this topic because I know a good number of us are getting/have Florida Carry permits and will start carrying in PA and other states.....

... as with anything else, I tend to over analyze before any purchase, so I figured I would share my findings. Its tough to nearly impossible to try on IWB Holsters in this state, just due to the fact no one can carry here..... so we must depend on reviews to try and decide what to purchase.....

After months of reading..... I had narrowed my future purchase down to 3 brands...

http://kholster.com/

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?cPath=28

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Default.aspx

Based alot on reviews from the M&P forum I read.... http://mp-pistol.com/boards/

The CrossBreed Supertuck and the Comp-tac are the 2 favorites of most wearers..... the Kholster is newer to the fray, but getting very good reviews.....not as pretty, but quite a bit less money....

.... Since I would rarely be able to carry..... I went with the Kholster.

Well, I spent the day today wearing it..... all day ( no gun of course)..... and I have to say after about 10min.... I could not feel it at all, including getting in and out of my truck. Very comfortable, even for me, as overweight as I am. If/when I lose at least some of my weight, it will get even better....

... when I got home, I slipped the M&P in it, and wore it with the gun for a couple of hours around the house. I tell ya, it does take getting used to wearing it with the added weight. Still very comfortable.... but the weight was there.

.... the gun slipped out of the holster easily, and was easy to reholster, both directions gave a secure click, and holster stayed in place. This is very important when wearing a holster. You dont want to draw the gun and have the holster try and come out of place as you remove it..... this is very common problem with cheaper holsters such as Uncle Mike's and other brands... same thing when going to reholster the gun, you should be able to insert gun with one hand and not have to use your other hand to spread the holster to resecure it.

I highly recommend the Kholster to everyone here..... for $36 shipped you wont beat the deal.

I do admit, If we lived in a state where we could carry everyday.... I would also look at the other 2 brands, but at near 2x the price, I felt this was a better investment basd on the amount of use it will get.

To me that giant piece of leather that forms the moon looks very uncomfortable. Looking at the comp-tac's don't appear to have the moon on them, well most of them, I'm wondering how this affects their performance. On a side note, I believe either glocktalk or xdtalk had a thread where members could borrow holsters from other members to see what worked for them.

Yeah..... I was afraid it was gonna be uncomfortable, and even more so when I saw it in person. But what it actually does , is spreads the contact over a bigger area, and after a bit, you dont even notice it. Plus you can trim as needed, and it doesnt void the Lifetime Warranty.

Yeah..... I was afraid it was gonna be uncomfortable, and even more so when I saw it in person. But what it actually does , is spreads the contact over a bigger area, and after a bit, you dont even notice it. Plus you can trim as needed, and it doesnt void the Lifetime Warranty.

And who here doesn't like trim ;)

I'm a retired LEO and I've carried a gun for over 35 years. I really don't see the point in these IWB holsters with all the clips, snaps, etc. I just don't see what you gain with all that crap stuffed in your waistband. I've always used the minimalist IWB, the suede or leather with a clip or a strap (or two) and maybe a thumbsnap. IMO Milt Sparks makes the best IWB with the steel lining which keeps the holster open so you can reholster without two hands (one to hold the gun and the other to hold the holster open). They are expensive though.