mikeyboyeee

What's your Favorite 9mm?

<----HK in question

I went to Ramsey Outdoor's new store in Ledgewood last night..... they have a nice inventory of HK's ..... I was drooling....

Ramsey in Paramus is ridiculous for pricing. Someone said the the other stores are a little cheaper. Be sure to check out Meltzers. They're usually reasonable on the high side but it's a good group of guys down there who will work with you if you've got a problem.

After my 44 mag(Hat tip, Tom), I'll probably get a USP 45 or something else HK. Did they have any 45s at Ramsey?

I went to Ramsey Outdoor's new store in Ledgewood last night..... they have a nice inventory of HK's ..... I was drooling....

Ramsey in Paramus is ridiculous for pricing. Someone said the the other stores are a little cheaper. Be sure to check out Meltzers. They're usually reasonable on the high side but it's a good group of guys down there who will work with you if you've got a problem.

After my 44 mag(Hat tip, Tom), I'll probably get a USP 45 or something else HK. Did they have any 45s at Ramsey?

Oh yes..... way out of my budget....

and yes, I did see 1 .45 there

I hope Dan picks his Bersa 380 as his favorite 9mm. The 380 cartridge is just a shorter 9 so there basically the same. That was a fine firearm if I do say so myself. Those Argentinians sure make a quality piece.

I hope Dan picks his Bersa 380 as his favorite 9mm. The 380 cartridge is just a shorter 9 so there basically the same. That was a fine firearm if I do say so myself. Those Argentinians sure make a quality piece.

9mm is a much more powerful cartridge having at least double the energy of a .380. This will affect felt recoil, muzzle flip, etc. The other issue is that 380 is very difficult to find and it's expensive when you find it. .380 is a good round, but it's best purpose is for concealed carry guns.

I'm my own worst enemy. I keep forcing people to put aside their preconceived notions and shoot my Bersa when I should be hiding it in the closet so that I can savor my last 200 rounds of 380 until I can get out to Walmart again and get another 2 hundred round boxes of WWB for $35...

C'mon guys - this is not 8mm Lebel, you can find 380, you just have to be persistent.

As far as power - it's more than a 22... And I can hit center mass or head shots at 10 yds, easy, even with the short sight picture.

I'm my own worst enemy. I keep forcing people to put aside their preconceived notions and shoot my Bersa when I should be hiding it in the closet so that I can savor my last 200 rounds of 380 until I can get out to Walmart again and get another 2 hundred round boxes of WWB for $35...

C'mon guys - this is not 8mm Lebel, you can find 380, you just have to be persistent.

As far as power - it's more than a 22... And I can hit center mass or head shots at 10 yds, easy, even with the short sight picture.

Dan, you can keep "forcing" me to shoot it all you want. I like it a lot, and will probably wind up with something similar eventually. Not a bullseye gun, but it's soft to shoot and gets back on target in a real hurry, and I'm sure it's easy to carry (when your travels take you to America). .380 is hard to find right now at WM. I keep trying to pick up a couple of boxes, and they never have any in stock.

Yeah, it's not .22, and it's not .45, and no matter what, I wouldn't want to get slapped in the forehead by any of them.

My old favorite was a 92FS, but have since bought a HK P7M8 and then a HK P30L. Now, it's a mood thing.

9mm is a much more powerful cartridge having at least double the energy of a .380. This will affect felt recoil, muzzle flip, etc. The other issue is that 380 is very difficult to find and it's expensive when you find it. .380 is a good round, but it's best purpose is for concealed carry guns.

I know, I know. the 380 is NOT a 9mm. But I wanted Dan to bring in his fine Bersa to the table. And it worked.

I know, I know. the 380 is NOT a 9mm. But I wanted Dan to bring in his fine Bersa to the table. And it worked.

the .380 is absolutely a 9MM. its called a 9MM short

No, there's no argument. Another name for .380 is 9mm Kurz... Kurz in german means short... aka 9mm short. So, a .380 is in fact a 9mm. But mostly, at least in the US, 9mm refers to 9mm Luger or Parabellum.. not 9mm Kurz/Short/.380ACP. So, there's nothing to argue about and it's not like .40 vs. 10mm or whatever

ETA for further clarification:

.380 = 9 x 17mm

9mm Luger = 9 x 19mm

Oh no, we've started an argument. That's like saying a 40 S&W is actually a 10mm short.

And a 38 is actually a 357 kurz

and a 45 long colt is actually a 454 casaul x 17

I'm kidding Pete

No, there's no argument. Another name for .380 is 9mm Kurz... Kurz in german means short... aka 9mm short. So, a .380 is in fact a 9mm. But mostly, at least in the US, 9mm refers to 9mm Luger or Parabellum.. not 9mm Kurz/Short/.380ACP. So, there's nothing to argue about and it's not like .40 vs. 10mm or whatever

ETA for further clarification:

.380 = 9 x 17mm

9mm Luger = 9 x 19mm

don't forget 9mm makarov, 9 x 18.

I have a Glock 26 as my 1st gun.

Not sure if is really the right 9mm for me.

Grip is a bit thick for my smallish hands and I won't be carrying anytime in NJ, I am thinking of going in a different direction (after some more range time with it to make my final decision).

What are your favorite 9mm handguns?

If the grip of the Glock 26 is too thick for you, then I would suggest taking a look at the single-stack 9mm Sig Sauer models. The current model is the P239, and the earlier model is the P225 or the P6 (West Germany police version of the P225). Both have an 8+1 capacity, and the grips are much thinner than a double-stack design like your Glock 26.

I have a Sig Sauer P6 and love it, if you would like to try it out let me know. I'm a member at Ready Aim Fire in Bristol, PA and can bring a guest for free. I also have slightly smaller hands and find the Glocks to be a bit too 'chunky', and the P6 fits my hands perfectly.

+Altho I have chosen the M&P 9 FS as my next Handgun, I will take you up on that Jersey EMT.

LMK when you want to go.

Sure, will let you know. With Thanksgiving coming up soon, I'm not sure if I'll be heading to the range again before then. If I do, it will probably be a spur of the moment trip. So we're looking at the first half of December...when are you available? Would you be up to an evening during the week? The range is closed on Mondays, but open T-F until 9pm. I only ask because on weekend range trips, my girlfriend usually comes along and hogs up the free (one) guest policy.