Maksim

Mounts for AK's and Mosins.

Just got a few of the leapers mounts for the AK and Mosins.

I was kind of expecting cheaper quality stuff... but was pleasently surprised.

High quality stuff. very sturdy, cleanly cut and designed. no places to get nicked.

Will post pics of it mounted when I get home tonight.

The forward eye Relief or the quad rails that replace the rear leaf sights on the Mosin rarely hold

a proper Zero after a few dozen rounds, I tried them on several of my MN's and they all failed. I traded them off and will have the receiver tapped. As for the ak if they are the type that attaches to the side receiver rail they should be good to go.

the mosin mount is not the quad rail... a tri. same one?

Does it replace the rear lief site?

They are the better one but I did not have a whole lot of luck

with keeping the scope zeroed correctly after a few dozen rounds, they kick like a mule.

Here's the one I had, by the way this is a great Vendor been using him for awhile and he

really keeps shipping costs down.

http://milsurpstuff.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MNTMNTR01

It worked better then any other one but I just could not get it to hold zero all the time.

Try it you maybe using a better optic then I was, and I also had to come to the conclusion that

MN's just are not that accurate. 1 out of 50 will be a true shooter including ex snipers. I know guy's

that would pick up 4 or 5 at a time when they were still $65.00 a pop and keep the best shooter and sell the rest off.

It worked better then any other one but I just could not get it to hold zero all the time.

Try it you maybe using a better optic then I was, and I also had to come to the conclusion that

MN's just are not that accurate. 1 out of 50 will be a true shooter including ex snipers. I know guy's

that would pick up 4 or 5 at a time when they were still $65.00 a pop and keep the best shooter and sell the rest off.

What ammo would you be running through it? Wolf Gold? or just surplus?

I use Bulgarian light ball for the most part, they can handle heavy ball but it's ruff on the shoulder.

I stocked up on it when it was $68.00 per 440 from sports mans guide. I never saw much sense in the wolf or commercial rounds but I am not a hunter. Ii have an M-44 that is way more accurate with Polish heavy ball then it is with the Bulgarian

light. I believe it maybe due to the excessive wear on the barrel, It's common for MN shooters to sample small lots of surplus ammo from different EU countries until they find the one the rifle likes the best.

The Bulgarian light ball also works well in my psl.

Once I rescope it, I may reload my own to see how accurate it really is.