Sign in to follow this  
coldsolderjoint

Which towns in NJ do not have a "no discharge ordinance"?

Is there a list? Or.. can we start one?

Edit:

Town Y/N Notes

Howell Y 200 Feet (May be outdated)

Jackson Y 400 Feet (May be outdated)

Bricktown NO

Winslow Twp NO

East Windsor NO

West Windsor NO

Cherry Hill NO

West Orange NO

Secaucus NO

Bayonne NO

Old Bridge Y Nothing found in Township Code for Firearms, Bow and Arrow 600 Feet

Roselle Park Y Nothing found in Township Code for Firearms

Roselle NO

Hudson County NO

LMAO..I'm confiused too...

I think Yes is supposed to mean there's a no- no discharge rule, meaning yes you can discharge

heeyy ooooh!

But seriously, what does constitute a safe backdrop for a "range"? There is no way I'd be able to make one in my town (even though it seems we don't have a "no discharge" law), but it would be interesting to know if there are specific numbers.

What would constitute a properly constructed range

One approved by the town. Only two in the town's history and they won't approve any more.

As far as indoor, I doubt someone would spend the quarter of a million to build an approved indoor range, even if the room was available. We looked into converting a warehouse into a range for county agencies on a cooperative basis. The costs were astronomical when done correctly and within the state and federal regulations.

As far as indoor, I doubt someone would spend the quarter of a million to build an approved indoor range, even if the room was available. We looked into converting a warehouse into a range for county agencies on a cooperative basis. The costs were astronomical when done correctly and within the state and federal regulations.

There are several factors to consider for a commercial range:

1) backstop

2) side and top protection

3) appropriate lighting

4) target traverse system

5) air venting and air pollution

6) lead pollution and cleanup

7) liability insurance

8) heating and air conditioning operating costs (typically, the HVAC systems for an indoor range are 'once through', the air is brought in from outside, treated, and exhausted, this gets pricey)

9) Return on Investment

10) Location and neighborhood - certainly an industrial area is much much better than a residential area.

11) Approvals

12) Inspections (local and BATF)

13) Idiots - meaning those fools that may decide to come in and pull a Casselberry...

For an indoor residential range (meaning basement range), 4, 7, 12 and 13 may be eliminated, but the others remain