Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

Govt. to OUTLAW FISHING!!!!WTF

I can say that I look at myself as a patriot. I have defended my country voluntarily in a time of war. And I can say I am proud to be an American, but what is big brother trying to do? I try not to criticize the govt, but it is getting to the point where I just have to ask myself WTF!

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/articles/feds_to_60_million.html

Wow. Why doesn't the government do something about the over-fishing that many corporations are involved in that really disrupt the system? (Since they insist on being involved with everything regardless.) Why punish the individual under the guise of "environmental awareness?"

First, I am not a fisherman.

However, being a bit aware of the industry I can guarantee a few commercial fishing boats can take a lot more fish in a day than sport fisherman do in a week.

As bbk says it's all about control. The liberal socailist mindset is the government has to control your daily life as much as possible with rules, laws, regulations, and of course taxes.

TFA seems rather vague, but I do remember hearing that the new bosses in DC were gonna try & force adherence to the Law of the Sea treaty, which has NOT ben ratified by the Senate. This may be a side effect, but it seems to me any rushed in policy to stop fishing is doomed to fail in court before it implemented, and the dopes that would push it would give up at that point. they will tell the enviro nutz,'oh well we tried' how about some more campaign moolah and maybe we will try again ina few years, suckaz! this bunch in DC now is pretty breakable, push back hard and they crumble like moldy brie--