Sign in to follow this  
EchoMirage

metal top fold stock

you see these in movies mostly. most recently, i saw it in jurassic park (the shotguns the hunter and father had), and in snatch (when the black guys held up the bookie's that had no money). its a metal top fold stock, with a rectangular butt pad that folds down. i always thought they looked cool, but could never find one. do they even exist or is it a hollywood thing?

Remington used to sell a metal topfolder. They are dangerous in my opinion. It worked but you had to spend a lot of attention to your cheek weld. If your cheek wasn't tight to the stock it would whack you bad. We had people at work get cuts and even a broken cheek bone from these stocks. They were all eventually replaced with conventional wood stocks.

Sorry. I didn't know it was plastic. I was about to say that it's a cheapy and some have complained about it. So defenitly, if you really want that type of stock, get metal. Good luck homey.

Remington makes that side folding stock that holds three extra rounds. It actually feels okay but my arms are way to long for a shorter stock. I'll try and find the link tonight.