DevsAdvocate

NJ Legal FN FAL?

Isn't a PTR-91 a copy of a FAL or Cetme? I know the PTR is Jersey legal, and looks like a nice firearm, I had the pleasure of shooting one at my club...

PTR-91 is a Copy of the HK-91, which was HK's evtry into the Civilian market, as it was the semi-only version of the G-3 Assault Rifle. the CETME, was the Spanish contracr G-3 built in thier State-Owned Armory..named Amazingly enough "CETME" The CETME reifles we have here are Spanish parts Kits (922-R compliant of course) assembled onto Semi Recievers. CETME's are hit-or miss you can get one that runs like a Swiss Watch...or you can get a dog Jam-O-Matic..UNFORTUNATELY CETME is also on the "named List" here in nj..bastards. My BiL picked up one about 4 years ago in Md at a gun show for $350.00, so they're out there, and you can find good deals.....you jusut cant bring it home :angry:

I too would like a DSA, but hate the new prices. It might take some time, but you might be able to order one that is NJ legal (IE perm. attached break). They also have the "predator" model that has nothing on the front of a heavy barrel and should be NJ legal as it is. That one is also the same price as a normal model.

the army uses an ITALIAN beretta 9mm that not American but they do produce some in America

All issued Beretta M9's are made in USA, and are stamped made in USA. I think we pride our selves on using weapons we make, I've never herd of the US military buying weapons, but of course we sell to our allies.

Is there anyway to piece a FAL together?

DS Arms builds the best FALs in the US. Follow the link to all of SA-58 FAL the models they offer:

http://www.dsarms.com/FAL-SA58%20Rifles/products/8/

They also offer the STG-58 which used to be Austrian kits build on US receivers with US barrels, not sure if they still use kits or now make their own parts...

http://www.dsarms.com/FAL%20STG58%20Austrian/products/9/

BTW, the FN FAL is banned as a type however the DSA SA-58 and STG-58 has been sold legally in NJ since around '97-'98.

I bought a FAL from a cop in Nigeria a couple of years ago for $50 American. Just to say I did it. You can walk up

to a cop or soldier and buy thier gun. It was a sweet gun I gotta say. I left it in the corner of the hotel room leaning against the wall

I bought a FAL from a cop in Nigeria a couple of years ago for $50 American. Just to say I did it. You can walk up

to a cop or soldier and buy thier gun. It was a sweet gun I gotta say. I left it in the corner of the hotel room leaning against the wall

Full auto?

Resurrecting an old thread. This is a picture of my NJ legal 7.62 DSA G1 Collector's edition, built in 2006 with a Hensoldt Wetzlar Fero Z-24 German scope.

IMAG0023.jpg

Very nice!!!! I like the mix of wood furniture...

Will have my L1A1 hopefully next week....