Kwin

15 round ak47 magazines?

30 round magazines are plentiful at gun shows in PA.

DISCLAIMER:

You are legally allowed to purchase 30 round magazines in PA. You are NOT allowed to posess them in NJ :naughty: . Be sure to do the modifying in PA. Before the magazine(s) is/are transported over state lines it MUST not be capable of accepting more than 15 rounds. Be guided accordingly.

Good luck. ;)

I dont know of any companies that will ship 30 rd mags here. But I never really tried to do that so I can't say for sure.

I agree...its not worth taking a ride to shows just for mags. Maybe wait till you are in the market for a new gun, then check out a show.

haha yea good idea, i want one of the gsg .22s

Get one now before they shoot up in price. GSG settled the lawsuit HK brought against them. In it they agreed to not manufacture any more GSGs.

http://www.gunpundit.com/3554.php

Henderson Defense said they would ship there WASR 10's to NJ with 30 round mags in "kit" form. Maybe it's legal to buy 30 round mags in kit form and modify them to 10 or 15 rounds. I didn't ask them if they would sell mags seperately in kit form. They do ship a lot of WASR 10's to FFL's in Jersey.

If you think about it, the mag isn't actually usable in kit form.

would be illegal to possess the components assembled or otherwise. See NJSa 2C:39-1w(5). I can't copy and past it while posting this from my phone but basically if you have the parts readly available to easy assemble a high capacity mag iyou are guilty. http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/crimin ... pons10.pdf

Research Constructive intent.

So what is the solution? Make friends in Pa, or go to a gun show, but the mags and bring your hacksaw/dremel with you and cut them down prior to coming back over the bridge. Yeah it sucks, but so does doing time in state prison.

So what is the solution? Make friends in Pa, or go to a gun show, but the mags and bring your hacksaw/dremel with you and cut them down prior to coming back over the bridge. Yeah it sucks, but so does doing time in state prison.

What if you were to cut off the bottom of the mag before you bring it back to NJ? It would be an inoperable mag...then once back, you could do the fine work to make new feed lips and cut to correct length to be a NJ legal mag? ...Either that or marry a gal from PA who's Mother has a basement with a work bench that she lets you use to cut down mags to proper length before bringing them back to NJ....at least thats what I did...

What if you were to cut off the bottom of the mag before you bring it back to NJ? It would be an inoperable mag...then once back, you could do the fine work to make new feed lips and cut to correct length to be a NJ legal mag? ...Either that or marry a gal from PA who's Mother has a basement with a work bench that she lets you use to cut down mags to proper length before bringing them back to NJ....at least thats what I did...

If you disassemble it and then cut off the bottom.. it would *probably* be acceptable I would think.. if you put ammunition in it, the rounds would just fall out the bottom and couldn't be contained in the magazine. The follower and floor plate would not be ready to assemble.

But.. I'm not a lawyer :?

Exactly. Just make sure you cut it to the correct length and the bring it back. You can mess with more finite detail when you get back home. But in my opinion it's easier to just buy pre-made 15rd magazines, less hassle and BS. Last VF gun show they were like $15 each. So add in your cost of driving out there, entry fee, and aggravation it's much easier to just buy them for $25.

I'm with Tosser - it's just easier to buy the pre-made ones when you can find them than to try and figure out all the particular ins and outs of what exactly constitutes a "magazine" in NJ law.

There was recently a guy over on arfcom that was taking 30 round AK mags and chopping them down to 15 round mags, just for us NJ folks. He was charging 25 bux a pop. Pretty sure he sold out of all the ones he made pretty quickly.

hm thanks for the replies, i bough a 10 round pro mag which i like i would definitly pick up a couple of 20 round promags that have been riveted like armsnammo.com did to the ar pmags (picked up couple of those this weekend too, love them).

Im on the hunt for 15 round mags!

hm thanks for the replies, i bough a 10 round pro mag which i like i would definitly pick up a couple of 20 round promags that have been riveted like armsnammo.com did to the ar pmags (picked up couple of those this weekend too, love them).

Im on the hunt for 15 round mags!

There is a guy on AR15.COM who lives out of State and is making cut down 30 round metal mags to 15 for $25.00 each. PM me and I'll put him in touch with you.