tinyboy

www.chataboutit.com (NJGF, Gun control, Listen now)

The vibe I got from the fone guy was the usual " if you idiots would just do what we want you to do, the world will be a much better place" condescending crappe that control freaks like to spout. You can bet the Brady crowd is 1000% behind single payer health care as a backdoor means to gun control, banning of atvs and motorcycles as "public health issues"

One point that I disagreed with, although it was tough to answer the way it was presented, was the OGAM main issue being the permit process and not so much the quantity issue. I have sold an excess of a dozen handguns at once to a collector on multiple occasions. He overlaps his applications so that he never runs out of permits.

ETA: To clarify, he gets his 50 permits, then resubmits another prior to using them up, so he is never without a permit.

Hopefully this was a foot in the door to a new medium for us. If/when there is a next time I think it would be good to also get one of our FFL's on to help clarify the laws from their point of interest as Paul wrote. It is a good point and definately an angle we may not be familiar with.

After listening to it again, I am pleased with how it went and hopefully we presented NJ gun owners in a positive light to any non gun owners or fence sitters.

Is it just me, or does the audio have a lot of screechy background noise? Listening to it now

ETA: nevermind. Apparently when i play it straight from the website instead of listening to the MP3 it sounds fine.

Listened the whole thing - you guys did a great job. I think she, somewhat unfairly, asked you guys a couple legal questions that probably would have been better asked to a lawyer, but you guys both still did an admirable job. Nicely done! :clap:

Listened the whole thing - you guys did a great job. I think she, somewhat unfairly, asked you guys a couple legal questions that probably would have been better asked to a lawyer, but you guys both still did an admirable job. Nicely done! :clap:

I flaked on the whole Whitman thing though, I'm glad Tim picked me up

I am glad Tim did this for me. I would of been completely stumped by the Whitman thing, and nothing of it was mentioned on her email before. =P

But thank you both again, you represented NJGF and gun owners alike with respect, admiration, and fairness.

Obviously bench racing here, but I would of bring up...

Imagine your wife is going down the streets of newark, after she goes to the Obama campaign, then on her way to penn station, she gets mugged.... would you rather your wife have the right to defend herself.... or wait for the cops to come after she is raped and mugged.

The author clown is just a schill trying to sell books.

Did you catch when the line "What WE would like to see..."? Does he have a mouse in his pocket or is he just fronting for an Anti group?

Amazing how he makes all these blanket statements without any proof.

By this pinheads logic, restricting the sale of legal cars would cut down on the trafficing in stolen cars.

http://www.crimeprevention.gov.au/

AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT CRIME PREVENTION INITIATIVES

Welcome to the Australian Government's crime prevention and community safety web site.

Crime, and the fear of crime, consistently rate amongst the highest concerns of the Australian public. The Australian Institute of Criminology has estimated that crime costs Australia around $32 billion per year.

The Australian Government shares the community's concern about crime and violence and their impact on people's lives.

Although the States and Territories have primary responsibility for the criminal justice system, since 1996 the Australian Government has undertaken a range of substantial initiatives aimed at reducing the incidence of violence and other crime in Australia.

This web site outlines some of the Australian Government's major initiatives in this area.