djg0770

Last ticket thread

Mark brought up an idea in a recent thread.

My last ticket was for "View Obstruction" (read 80mph) on the Turnpike, in 2009, in my Cash 4 Clunkers Truck. Don't know whether I should be embarrassed I got caught or happy that someone documented that the POS could go that fast.

Prior to that was "Failure to inspect" - that was a bad day, truck died on the way to work, called the wife and had her pick me up, took the expired inspection car... I went up one side and down the other on the cop for that one, and when I went back to him to apologize he put his hand on his gun and told me to back away. :oops: That was about 2004.

75 in a 55 (on 78 west, before they bumped the limit to 65).

best part was my boss at the time driving by, with a honk and wave.

not so best part was springfield's ticket policy, kinda. dropped it from 4 to 2 points, but jacked up the fine to almost $400

Humn... last ticket I received? or earned?

Earned..

Anastasia took my car when she was moving. I was in Israel for the month and my inspection expired during that month. She was pulled over and ticketed for that. $150 or so.

Last one I personally received...

I dont remember, but it would probly have to be... oh wait, I remember now. Freehold Borough. Got pulled over in town for tinted windows.

Tinted Windows.. Memorial Day Weekend, intersection of W Front Street and Broad St in Keyport. Special PO standing in the middle of the road during a moderately heavy rain storm.

Didn't roll the winders down because of the rain.. plus it was my first day on the job working for Domino's :D I guess the lit up sign caught his attention. Either that.. or my loud muffler.. or the license plate on the dashboard.

I just paid the ticket because I liked tinted windows more than not having tinted windows :lol:

Tinted Windows.. Memorial Day Weekend, intersection of W Front Street and Broad St in Keyport. Special PO standing in the middle of the road during a moderately heavy rain storm.

Didn't roll the winders down because of the rain.. plus it was my first day on the job working for Domino's :D I guess the lit up sign caught his attention. Either that.. or my loud muffler.. or the license plate on the dashboard.

I just paid the ticket because I liked tinted windows more than not having tinted windows :lol:

i took mine off after like the 10th ticket. this is both combined, Camaro and Mazda 6.

i took mine off after like the 10th ticket. this is both combined, Camaro and Mazda 6.

I only ever got one ticket for tinted windows.

My last ticket was my first and only ticket that I received in March of 2000.

I-287 north in Hanover township. I was pulled over by the NJSP for doing 99+ in a commercial truck.

Trooper also ticketed me for failure to maintain a lane and was going to give me a ticket for vehicle over 10,000 pounds in the left lane but had to go because of a major wreck on I-80.

Went to court, the over paid trooper never showed so the prosecutor dropped the failure to maintain a lane ticket and downgraded the speeding to 69 in a 55. That ticket cost me $500.00 and two points

10 tickets? I drove a 2000 celica gts, with a slightly obnoxious stereo, tinted, in an uptight town (New Providence) for 5 years without a single ticket.

Didn't get a ticket, but I did get pulled over..on my bike AGAIN. Was riding in the stop and shop / hollywood video plaza in Toms River, the guy from the pizza place called the cops. They came and the guy was actually nice. Took my ID wrote everything down (which I thought was weird, wasn't doing anything illegal) and looked at my PBA card and I was on my way. :)

I recieved a speeeding ticket on Wood Ave in Iselin in 1992. Now I just jinxed myself,thanks Dan.

No problem - glad to help out. Apparently I jinxed RayRay too and he didn't even post in this thread!!

Hello Dan, is this what you wanted?

Got pulled over for driving while on a cell phone. I was driving past 2 Port Authority cops and they didn't hesitate to light me up. BUT, check dis out gee money, I was on the phone with a friend who's a Port Authority cop too! He called them up while they were writing the ticket, so when they came back to my car, he said, "why didn't you tell me you where talking to him, he just called me. Good bye, get outa here!"

Last moving violation was 1974 in Hightstown for 40 in a 25. It was a fairly open area and not posted. State standard (then anyway) is 25 built up areas and 50 in open area. Researched it and open area was (may still be) defined as less than 50% of the frontage of the roadway is houses or commercial buildings excluding garages, shed, and barns. If less than 50% its 50, more than 50% 25 mph.

I went to court and brought this up to the judge. The police officer said they had measured "between the houses" and it was something like 50 feet built up. I brought up the fact that the road curves so the distances would be longer at the curb or frontage of the roadway than it was between the houses. The judge gave me two weeks to prove my point. I measured using a transit to establish the 90 degree angle from the house to the roadway and marked the curb and measured it with a tape. I came up with about 100 feet in my favor making it a 50 mph zone (I was doing 40).

I brought this all back to the judge who then said he would have to consult with the city engineer. A week later the court sent me a letter saying the judge found me guilty after "consulting with the city engineer". Quotes as they were the judge's words. I did a little more research and found that the judge violated court rules as the judge had used whatever the city engineer had said to find me guilty. I wasn't given the opportunity to cross examine the city engineer. I notified the court that I was going to appeal the decision based on violation of court rules. I got a letter witin a few days saying the judge reversed his decision and found me not guilty. Not sure of the legality of this but I had a letter saying I was not guilty and no points and no fine so I went along.

Maybe because it was my last ticket it just so happens to be my longest ticket story. Thanx for persevering.

12 points? That's suspension isn't it?

Turfing some yards?

A guy I used to work with bought a new 2002 Aprilla 1000RSV and used to do stupid stuff(like wheelies on rt 80 at 75mph) all the time and never got a ticket. He'd drive home from work and get one. Bizzaro land.

12 points? That's suspension isn't it?

Turfing some yards?

A guy I used to work with bought a new 2002 Aprilla 1000RSV and used to do stupid stuff(like wheelies on rt 80 at 75mph) all the time and never got a ticket. He'd drive home from work and get one. Bizzaro land.

My VERY First arrest was a guy for suspended who had 44 points on his record.

My VERY First arrest was a guy for suspended who had 44 points on his record.

Sheesh. You have to be a complete moron or drunk to rack up those kinds of points. I've had 2 speeding tickets in 27 years and 1 ticket for following too closely in an accident. I was in a big 15 car pile up in a snow storm and when I protested, he said "Did you hit the guy in front of you?" "My car did" "Then You were following too closely and I have to give you something, you want reckless?" "No thanks!" "Ok then following too closely it is". That was back in Ohio. I've had nothing since I moved to NJ.