Chad

Newark officials to announce gun buyback program

This, to me, would be precious news:

AP

Newark, NJ

An elderly woman who was walking to church today to turn in her deceased husband's revolver is glad she had her wits about her. As she was climbing the steps to the Church, an alleged thug tore from the bushes and attempted to mug her. She withdrew the pistol and held the actor at gunpoint until the police could exit the basement of the church and arrest the perpetrator. Granny announced that she would NOT be turning her gun in.

I can dream, can't I?

Could someone really do that? Buy some cheapo guns show up and cash in?

Absolutely...there are a few "catches" tho. Usually there is a 2 or 3 gun limit. But, there is a no questions asked policy (no ID req'd, no names, no nothing) therefore you would be able to bring friends, family, ect...each with the two gun limit could add up quick. All depends on what they are paying for the guns to make it worth it. The money is typically given out as prepaid credit cards which you CAN take to a ATM machine or bank and cash them in. I know a few years ago they were giving $200 per pistol and $150 per long gun. The gun must appear to be functional.

Again, this was all in the past, so I dont know what the rules will be this time around.

AP

Newark, NJ

A young man walking down the street was arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm after he was found with a pistol on the sidewalk, clearly not at the range. His excuse being he was going to bring it to church to trade it in.

:lol: :lol:

Never drop off a piece of history so it can be destroyed to support liberal state programs paid out by our tax dollars.

This is another way to demonize firearms and give up your gun legal gun rights by rewarding criminals and thief's who illegally obtained their weapons. I am sure they also depend on legal gun owners who will look to cash in on this and would gladly sell out their rights for a few bucks. If you all have some old surplus weapons that need a home feel free to pm me, rest assured they will not end up in a pile set for destruction.

Could someone really do that? Buy some cheapo guns show up and cash in?

On another forum a guy posted he went to different buy back sites and wound up with a couple thousand dollars in gift cards.

It actually makes me a little sick that NJ gun owners and enthusiasts would actually participate in these programs.

It makes me wonder what the price tag on your freedoms and rights actually are. Even if you take

the funds in cash which I bet you do not get and buy another firearm they are still sell outs in my eye's

and have helped our cause to take 2 steps back.

If these programs show successful they will be all over NJ before you know it, and rest assure they will

start to verify if these firearms were legally registered or not, when they get the figures and show that

half or maybe more of these were legally obtained and owned firearms it will just make the lefties stronger

and throw more money at anti gun law's and funding for these such programs. So continue to throw away your

constitutional rights for your Walmart gift card it will be worth it in the end.

I was at a small gun shop in PA a few months back and they had a case with a sign that said "Buy backs" as a joke.

They had very rough Lorcins, Brycos, A few beat up Hi-points, some rusty single shot shotguns, etc. Everything was about $50-$120.

If I had a rusty old single shot 22 rifle that I never shoot and couldn't even sell it for $50, hell yeah I would hand it over.

Well, maybe... :think:

SInce BB guns are treated like actual guns here in NJ, can ya get some cheapy BB pistols out of state and turn them in in NJ?

In New York, at the one where the guy tried to turn in a live hand grenade, they were only giving like $25 or nothing for a bb gun.

I am sure some older women would go down to turn in their old guns because they saw an ad in the paper.

Never know what an old lady might have sitting in her closet. My dad got a Beautiful gold plated Winchester bicentennial that way. She would have gladly given it in for a hundred bucks. Would be a shame to see something like that destroyed.

There was a time when someone would come in to turn something in after a death in the familly that we would try to send them to one of the local FFL's rather than take it to be destroyed, but we had to stop after we were accused of taking a kickback from the FFL's. Anti's suck.