DirtyDigz

Illegal to use copy of FID for out of state ammo purchase?

Going to PA for paintball on Sunday and hoping to stop by a Walmart in PA for some ammo.

Last time I was at a PA walmart, they would not sell me any handgun ammo unless I had a "Gun ID" on me (their words, not mine).

I don't carry my FID card on me on a daily basis as I really don't want to lose it.

Is there any legal restriction against keeping a photocopy of my FID in my wallet, strictly to be used to satisfy Walmart's need to see a "gun id" to buy ammo with?

Wal-Marts company policy is to require ID and if required, a FID card depending on the state. It is routine up here with the MA regulations and being so close to the border.

While not illegial, I don't think they would accept a copy.

I guess it depends where in PA you are, in Lancaster and the surrounding towns no id is ever required.

I stock up once every 3 months at 3 different Walmart's in that area. Just bring the card and don't loose it

it's that easy.

I have not had any trouble in East Stroudsburg. They have never asked for any ID at all.

It may just be based on how old you look. Legally they can't sell handgun ammo to anyone under 21. If you look close to that age they might just be covering there butts.

... Is there any legal restriction against keeping a photocopy of my FID in my wallet, strictly to be used to satisfy Walmart's need to see a "gun id" to buy ammo with?
No

But there's also no requirement for them to ACCEPT a copy either. Spend a couple of bucks and get your Card Laminated.

also, paintball ? :?

Whats wrong with paintball?

why hurl 3/4" hollow plastic balls full of paint at some guy @ 300fps ,when you can shoot IPSC or IDPA. (unless of course you are an 1337 tacticool 0p3rA7oR decked out in multicam, plastic facemask and condor brand vest to hold your gas tanks and extra hoppers for doing tactical reloads) :lol::lol::lol:

my chest rig holds 8 AR mags, i wonder how many co2 bottles it will hold?

oh yeah one more thing... how do you guys aim with that ass ugly paint can on the top?

74345200.jpg

Buy some spray paint too! I love getting carded for that

But i think you have to be under 15....

going to East Stroudsburg Wal Mart

Wal-Mart has a company policy that comes up on the register screen requesting ID. I still have to show a DL for the most part except when one regular cashier in Sporting Goods is on duty. It i

Buy some spray paint too! I love getting carded for that

But i think you have to be under 15....

going to East Stroudsburg Wal Mart

Wal-Mart has a company policy that comes up on the register screen requesting ID. I still have to show a DL for the most part except when one regular cashier in Sporting Goods is on duty. It i

Actually.. when I had my first car, I was 17, and wanted to do a little work on it. I tried to buy a can of carb cleaner and some oil or something at Wal-mart. I was carded and denied. I told the manager that i would clean the PCV valve in the parking lot and he could have the rest of the can back.. He didn't like that idea. :cry:

Buy some spray paint too

When they turned down your request for the spray paint, did you walk over to the dairy section and try to buy some eggs? :naughty:

I loved the calls where people would complaint that someone covered their car in shaving cream. At the worse your car gets cleaned when it rains.

Buy some spray paint too

When they turned down your request for the spray paint, did you walk over to the dairy section and try to buy some eggs? :naughty:

I loved the calls where people would complaint that someone covered their car in shaving cream. At the worse your car gets cleaned when it rains.

Lol, I don't know where this thread went.. :?: I was trying to buy spray paint for painting my computer case.