Sign in to follow this  
Wolfy

Dodge Future

Fiat left the American market in the early 80s. Fiats through the 70s were built with cheap Russian steel. Fiat also had rather poor build quality and many times the insides of fenders and other body parts weren't even painted. All this led to the bodies rusting out within a couple of years.

Fiat left the American market in the early 80s. Fiats through the 70s were built with cheap Russian steel. Fiat also had rather poor build quality and many times the insides of fenders and other body parts weren't even painted. All this led to the bodies rusting out within a couple of years.

I recall those pieces of garbage clogging up the junkyards in the early 80s when I was hunting for hidden gems. A friend had one in high school that you could literally Fred Flintstone through the front of the floorboards on the passenger side. Pure garbage.

FIAT, ( Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino), are very good cars, for some unknown reason they never made it to the American market. In the 70 I owned a fiat coupe 125.

Huh??

As pointed out, they were in the American market up into the 80's, and generally of poor quality. The 124 spyder and the X19 were imported by Bertone into the late 80's after Fiat left the market. Fiat made a 124 and a 128, don't recall any 125.

Sorry, just brought out the gearhead in me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

FIAT, ( Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino), are very good cars, for some unknown reason they never made it to the American market. In the 70 I owned a fiat coupe 125.

Huh??

As pointed out, they were in the American market up into the 80's, and generally of poor quality. The 124 spyder and the X19 were imported by Bertone into the late 80's after Fiat left the market. Fiat made a 124 and a 128, don't recall any 125.

Sorry, just brought out the gearhead in me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

You're right, it's was a 1972 coupe 124. The 125 model was built in Argentina.