bbk

Shooting on base at Ft Hood, TX

Alright, please delete my account, Maks. I don't want anything to do with a forum full of individuals who will continually drag society down. I don't want anything to do with people that only add to a stereotype that will continue to fan the flame.

I almost left a couple months back, but Maks convinced me that this forum was different from others. But you know what? It isn't. This forum is like every other forum that gives gun owners and Americans a bad name. Its full of individuals who have no sense of a greater good.

Mind you people, there is a difference between being patriotic and being assholes. Figure out where you stand on the threshold.

To those I respect, thanks. Otherwise, I'm not wasting my time here anymore.

BBK, you bring tons of good insight and information to this forum. You guys are having a discussion based on each others opinions. This forum is not "full of individuals who..." you were in a discussion with only a few folks. Just a few people that have different views and feelings, thats what makes America great, and this is what forums are all about. Please re-consider not coming back here. I'm sure I speak for other people here when I say we value your imput, opinions and discussions.

Cmon bud, lets start a new thread where we can bash Matt! It always makes me feel better!!! lol

:romance-grouphug:

Looking at the history of the world, can we blame them for hating Western culture? We were the ones who laid the foundation for the hatred... and have done nothing but fan the flame. Does it justify any of their actions? No way, but I think its even more discriminant to say this is strictly a Muslim issue, and to leave it at that.

And I'm not just talking about the Crusades. I'm starting with the pre-WWI history where the Brits basically laid it into the Arab world, and the western world has followed suit since.

From the sounds of it, this Major sounds like a soup sandwich from beginning to end. He was probably the type that joined up on the merit that he could pay back his college bills, and was more scared that he was going to be deploying for the first time. As an excuse, he uses his conviction to translate his fear. I hope this guy gets the firing squad or noose, and its a public execution.

I haven't said it because I figured it was a given. But my thoughts and prayers to the ones involved, their families, and the Army community as a whole.

You're right. The West isn't perfect, but to simply blame the West isn't fair either. The Moslem world is also responsible for it's own hardships as well, including a decline in education and giving up their pursuit of science, government, and the arts.

They are a people who regressed following a thousand years of enlightenment. They were once the pride of human civilization, and instead of progressing what was good, they hold onto the useless traditions of monarchy, class separation, and tribes.

Want to know why they're bitter? Christianity/Europe/West came into the Crusades as the least enlightened, weaker foe, and they learned from their mistakes and their enemies. In the end, they came out ahead, while the moslems were mired in infighting and petty politics. They look at us with disdain because we have shown them (historically) that as a Western Culture, we are better than them.

That's why they blame us for all their problems. That's why we're the boogeyman of their reality. Even if the problems in their societies are directly the fault of their governments, and their people, they are conditioned by default to blame the USA/West somehow.

**** them. If they can't get their shit together, then that's their fault. Pity never gets anyone anywhere.

This topic got hot fast.

bbk, don't leave the forum. I enjoy reading your posts and I think you bring a lot of knowledge and information.

Why is it on these kinds of forums if someone isn't so far to the right and doesn't love America unconditionally (the only thing I love unconditionally is my wife and kids) they are labeled a Dem or a liberal? I served 4 yrs in the USMC and 1 year in Desert Storm, I love guns and think everyone should be able to carry but I also thing GWB ruined our country. Am I a liberal? I loved the Clinton years (made lotsa money and was working. Ask everyone how that is going now). Does that me a Dem. No, but I am not a Republican or a Democrat.

On another post I mentioned that I have a home in Vermont where I can just walk down the street like Wyatt Earp. Vermont is also a very liberal state for gay marriage and other issues. I think we all need to be more like Vermont, not right, not left, just to do the right thing.

Again, bbk, stay with the forum. You have fans.

I don't understand why everyone is blaming the West. We had nothing to do with Somalia,

or the African continent as a whole.Like someone said ..READ YOUR HISTORY...

Can you actually believe that a boat with one Captain and a crew of some twenty, managed to enslave an entire Continent? No.. they had help..and that help came from their own people

selling their own relatives into slavery. But no, blame the West. The West didn't even became

anything while all this was going on. Same thing with the Muslim situation. These fanatics blame the whole world for their shortcomings. Not all Muslims share in the "joy" of Allah. Some are quite respectful. But the fanatics are the ones we just have to get rid of.

I'll stick around based on the premise that I'm just going to avoid politics and all of these doldrums-type topics. Not because I think I'm wrong (quite the opposite actually), but because as we've already seen before-- the minority will undoubtedly be punished every time they open their mouths.

If you look at what I actually was discussing, and then read all the comments that followed... you would all realize that EVERYONE has agreed with what I've already said. I never pinned the blame absolutely on the western cultures for the mishaps in SW Asia. I specifically stated that the western cultures have had a HUGE impact on the current conditions in SW Asia, but that extremists/fundamentalists have spun their own beliefs to their own benefit. This is to apply to what is going on in Islamic Africa (places like Somalia), Pakistan, Philippines, Indonesia, etc. So, what irked me is that me, a minority, was fragged immediately based on the premise that I'm a minority in what I believe... and this is not the first time.

So, while I proceed to remove my head from my ass (I'll admit it, I said some incendiary remarks), I think the forum as a whole should realize that elitists attitudes is what will push people away from the community, and not draw them in.

Plus, I need to know where to eat.

This is what the Bucket Forum should be all about... All opinions should be welcomed and thought about for discussion. An opinion was posted, and then what followed is what America is all about. The free will to discuss, then decide for yourself what is right or wrong. No one is pushing opinions on anyone else here. We just have to respect each others.

You know I had a whole page written as a response, but it would be a moot point right now.

So just let me write that I am glad you are staying BBK and I look forward to reading more of your insightful posts as well as having some civil disagreements.

I come from a culture that has forced me to look at the big picture; and not some centrist view of the world.

As you look down your nose on us that look only at the small picture, from your ivory tower of "greater culture", focus please on my middle finger.

Word has it that the French and British were being funded, behind the curtain, by Jewish bankers, and that is the reason of why the Jews were given the strip of Israel from the Palestinians.

Great - antisemitism too!

Any Muslim will tell you that the extremists are spinning their religion to their benefit.

No - not ANY muslim, just the ones that want to live a peaceful existence, and many of them seem to be in the minority.

So, let me get this right bbk - it's ok for the Jews to have Israel because they've beaten the carp out of anyone who has tried to take their land, but the US should apologize to the muslims, say we're sorry for being attacked on 9/11, the USS Cole, the Marine Barracks in Lebanon, the first WTC bombing, wiping my heinie with my right hand, eating pork and just for living? NFW.

Oh shit, its the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

Ha, please read all of my posts before doing the assholish copy-quote-dissect move. As you'll see, I already answered every single one of your comments! GG! Anti-Semite? Hardly. There is no civilization and military that I respect more then the Israelis. Aside from the Americans, no one deserves their own country more then these brothers-in-arms, as they have proved. But, had you read more then what you want, you'll see I had said that.

Oh, and yes you sound like another racist. Its OK though. For you I shall :violin:

One more thing, you're a tool. Thanks. Back to the grammar police station for you.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. This guy has been annoying the hell out of me since he took out the asshole-badge :dance:

It's time for internment camps for Muslims just like we did to the Japanese during WWII. The only good Muslim is a dead Muslim!!!

Then I would guess the camps should be built for the Germans? Might as well add some camps for crazy white boys who blow up buildings with chemical fertilizers. If you look hard enough, you can find something to pin of any culture or interest group. Even firearm's owners so you might as well add them to the list.

It's time for internment camps for Muslims just like we did to the Japanese during WWII. The only good Muslim is a dead Muslim!!!

Then I would guess the camps should be built for the Germans? Might as well add some camps for crazy white boys who blow up buildings with chemical fertilizers. If you look hard enough, you can find something to pin of any culture or interest group. Even firearm's owners so you might as well add them to the list.

Spoken like a true Libtard.

It worked for the Japs during WWII,and protected our Country, it will work now.

Well, internment camps have been used previously by numerous countries (not the type Hitler used), though the results have been mixed.

"Libtard" or not, it would tear the fabric of society (not just American), and it would cause far more trouble.

[Yea, I said I would avoid political talk. Truth is I just needed to realize I need a stronger stomach. Further, I can't stand here and take no action as people continue to spew hateful talk.]