Guest *_*

Anyone being limited on Pistol Permits?

Just curious. I am going to apply for 3 next week, and I was just wondering if anyone was being told that they could only get one, or whatever....any feedback? With the 1 gun (insert many curse words here) law comes into effect, it would be interesting to see what plays out locally...

Let me know what you guys are seeing... :hope:

I know, but I have heard of towns incorrectly limiting the number of permits one can apply for now.

Last time I applied which was 4 weeks ago, I asked the detective about this and he stated there is currently no limit on

the amount of pistol permits once can apply for. I went for 6 since they expire in 3 months and can only be renewed once.

SBI checks are coming back in 7 to 10 days. Anything longer than 40 days from your application submittal is in violation of the law. Hold your PDs accountable, and be sure to contact your references to get their letters back asap.

SBI checks are coming back in 7 to 10 days. Anything longer than 40 days from your application submittal is in violation of the law. Hold your PDs accountable, and be sure to contact your references to get their letters back asap.
Not so. There was a court decision some years back that the time limit in the statute to issue or deny permits and FIDs is whatever the police think is convenient for them. :twisted:

- NF

I applied for five permits on November 6th to East Brunswick. They wrote to my referees and followed up with a phone call. I got a letter today (Dec 19), dated Dec 14th, that they were available. That's what - five weeks? I think this is similar to before.

Clearly, while permits may be linited after Jan 1 (who knows?) they are not anticipating this process in East Brunswick and so - a shout out for them. Thank you, guys!

on a different topic - they have instigated th new fingerprint system in EB - it'll be interesting to see whether the FPID cards come any sooner AND whether they are the same, or the new mystery digital ones.

Happy shooting to everyone and Merry CHristmas, Happy Hannukah and a "Guid New Year"

Yo ho HOOOOOO!!!

G

I got my 4 back in 34 days here in Hackensack. It takes too long if its longer than 20 mins, if you ask me.

But nonetheless, Hackensack is very professional and very 'on the ball'

It helps that my refs are guys who are 2a fans as well, so I never have any delays.

Once you are on the NICS 'short list' your call waiting time for approval seems to go down.

Does anyone confirm this? If you purchase firearms frequently, do you get approved on the call quicker? It seems so...

SBI checks are coming back in 7 to 10 days.

This may be true if they send the check to NJSP when it is received but I suspect some police departments send them out for "gun permits" only once a month. A friend who recently applied for a permit had to come in for a "gun safety" lecture by the deputy chief. This lecture is only available one hour a month. His references had to have the questionnaires witnessed and notarized.

SBI checks are coming back in 7 to 10 days.

This may be true if they send the check to NJSP when it is received but I suspect some police departments send them out for "gun permits" only once a month. A friend who recently applied for a permit had to come in for a "gun safety" lecture by the deputy chief. This lecture is only available one hour a month. His references had to have the questionnaires witnessed and notarized.

Is this gun safety lecture legal?

Old Bridge must send them out in batches. My father applied for some permits about 2 weeks before I did. We both received them in the mail on the same day about 6 weeks after I applied.