67gtonut

MKIII 22/45 - Cleaning - Rant

OK.....

couple of choices.....

I NEVER clean it again.....

I SELL this friggen gun.....

I THROW it in a lake....

..... or someone shows me how to reassemble this god forsaken pistol ......

takes me 20min to get that pin thigamajig back in..... and when it finally goes back in.... I have no idea why it suddenly does.....

Troy bring it next time and I will show you. Your gonna go ZOMG that was so easy!! Do not watch the ruger video's, watching those video's the gun almost went through the wall. I found a video where the guys explains it well.

Slide barrel onto gun.

Push pin up through slide.

Slide magazine in.

Depress trigger

Flip rest of pin assembly into gun

Your done :)

See, as I wrote, just ask Matt :clap:

You don't realize, that was almost 2 hours of my life right there that I explained in a matter of 20 seconds. To say yesterday as I was cleaning my guns I was a little upset would be an understatement. But now that I know how to do it, hopefully next time it won't be nearly as hard.

I found this site to be helpful.

http://www.guntalk-online.com/fsprocedures.htm

The first time I stripped my mkiii, it was a disaster. Took about 3 hours to strip and reassemble.

A few tips to make things easier.

1. A rubber mallet and a 1/4 inch wooden dowel get the mainspring assemble out real quick

2. A smack of the rubber mallet on the frame gets the barrel off quick

3. Getting the mainspring assembly reinstalled is easy once the 2 holes in the barrel line up with the hole in the frame. I use a 5/16" drill bit from the top of the barrel to line the holes up. Just press it in with your hand and wiggle the barrel until it drops into the frame.

Once the holes are lined up its just a matter of gravity to get the dongle to drop into the mainspring housing and then close it.

The gun loosens up the more you shoot it and clean it. I've probably put around 1500 rounds through mine and cleaned 5-6 times. I can get it take apart and put back together in under 5 minutes.

Troy bring it next time and I will show you. Your gonna go ZOMG that was so easy!! Do not watch the ruger video's, watching those video's the gun almost went through the wall. I found a video where the guys explains it well.

Slide barrel onto gun.

Push pin up through slide.

Slide magazine in.

Depress trigger

Flip rest of pin assembly into gun

Your done :)

OK....... next time..... your up......

I would have shown you that day if I could have gotten that locking mech out. You really just have to hold it upside down and jiggle the flipper into the groove. heh. Sound simple. I've done it 100 times but it is definitely a "trick".

Took apart my new mk III the other day to clean off all the oil it ships with (damn there was a lot!). Getting that friggen pin thing back into the barrel...OMFG. Took me about 2 hours getting it in. Finally gave up and beat the crap outta it with a rubber mallet before it went back into place. NEVER again hah

I knew this thing was hard to take apart but geez!

I just bought a Mk. III. Should I bother cleaning it before I take it out? Time to get my mallet..

Naw, just shoot it. When it starts to jam, that means you need to clean it. I've owned and shot a Mark IIs since the 80s and they go thousands of rounds before needing cleaned. I've cleaned mine twice in the past 2 years and shot 4 bulk 525 boxes though it in that time.

I just bought a Mk. III. Should I bother cleaning it before I take it out? Time to get my mallet..

Good for you. Great decision.

Clean and dry the barrel and shoot.

If you take it apart you can always bring me the parts in a bag. :clap:

Haters! I'm looking to buy or trade for another MKII w/ 5.5" bull cheap.

Naw, just shoot it. When it starts to jam, that means you need to clean it. I've owned and shot a Mark IIs since the 80s and they go thousands of rounds before needing cleaned. I've cleaned mine twice in the past 2 years and shot 4 bulk 525 boxes though it in that time.

Mark - You're a bad influence on the newbee. Firearm cleanliness is next to fireams Godliness

Mark - You're a bad influence on the newbee. Firearm cleanliness is next to fireams Godliness

By all means, clean your guns. Mark IIs just don't happen to really need it :D

I've never owned a Mark III but it's pretty much the same gun.

By all means, clean your guns. Mark IIs just don't happen to really need it :D

I've never owned a Mark III but it's pretty much the same gun.

Magazine safety! Bah! Trigger's not as good.