ben

DMV licensing illegal immigrants?

I was at the DMV this morning and there was a gentleman who kept peeking over my shoulder. He didn't speak English and was obviously looking for some direction on how to fill out a form. I looked over at what he had in his hands and there was a NJ driver's license labeled, "Provisional License." WHAT THE F is up with that? This is taking one more step to legitimizing this BS (legalizing illegal immigrants), In my opinion.

Other views?

He could have citizenship or he could be sponsored by someone over here to become one.

And trust me there are ton's of legal us Americans who only speak Spanish I work with them every day.

In order to get a NJ liccense ou have to have 3 out of the 7 items that goes for everyone.

I realize that English is not the official language of the United States. I'm not necessarily suggesting that it should be either. I have heard in the past that NJ was issuing driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. My assumption is that i saw it first hand today. I do not agree with giving any type of concessions to undocumented aliens.

My car was burglarized a few months back. The LEO who took my report agreed with me on who the potential thieves were, one out of the hundred illegal immigrants who stand out on the block everyday. he told me the town could not even pass a "no loitering" ordinance because it would infringe upon the rights of illegal immigrants. I know we all can see the irony in that statement, but why does nothing ever happen about it?

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/EarlyBird.htm

Get a provisional license

* You must be at least 17 years of age

* Complete the supervised driving period

* Pass the 6 Point ID Verification

* Pass MVC's road test

* You must return after one year from date of issue to get a basic driver license

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/EarlyBird.htm

Get a provisional license

* You must be at least 17 years of age

* Complete the supervised driving period

* Pass the 6 Point ID Verification

* Pass MVC's road test

* You must return after one year from date of issue to get a basic driver license

Right, it says nothing about immigration status. I get it. That's the issue with me.

On the illegal issue, I agree it's B.S. my brother in law is a Red Bank cop there are more illegals there then US citizens at

this point. They lock guy's up all the time get them deported only to see them back in 3 months again, this is a Federal issue not a state issue and it should be handled by the fed's but do not look for this administration to do so.

Red Bank itself just likes to ignore it and focus on the 3 blocks where all the money is and screw the rest

of it and the regular people who have to live there.

I realize that English is not the official language of the United States. I'm not necessarily suggesting that it should be either. I have heard in the past that NJ was issuing driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. My assumption is that i saw it first hand today. I do not agree with giving any type of concessions to undocumented aliens.

My car was burglarized a few months back. The LEO who took my report agreed with me on who the potential thieves were, one out of the hundred illegal immigrants who stand out on the block everyday. he told me the town could not even pass a "no loitering" ordinance because it would infringe upon the rights of illegal immigrants. I know we all can see the irony in that statement, but why does nothing ever happen about it?

I absolutely suggest it be the official language of the United States.

It was THE major thing that separated us from Europe long ago.

On common language all the states in the Federation spoke!

It is criminal that this has not been added to the Constitution of the United States.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/Licenses ... erpint.pdf

All states can issue immigrants withe green card's licences, NJ has 6 point verification for them also.

NON CITI ZENS

[ Additiona l requirement(s) ma y app ly; call 888-486-3339 ]

? Foreign passport with INS or USCIS verification and valid

record of arrival/departure (Form I-94)

? Foreign passport with INS or USCIS verification and valid

Form I-551 stamp

? Current alien registration card (new Form I-551) with expiration

date and verification from INS or USCIS

? Refugee travel document (Form I-571)

? US re-entry permit (Form I-327)

? Valid I-94 stamped

It is criminal that this has not been added to the Constitution of the United States.

Adding things to the constitution will lead to removing things from it and that's a slippery slope, it's perfect the way it is.

Adding things to the constitution will lad to removing things from it and that's a slippery slope, it's perfect the way it is.

Their have been things added over time.

Name one that was removed?

English as the official language of the US should be added.

Period!

I absolutely suggest it be the official language of the United States.

It was THE major thing that separated us from Europe long ago.

On common language all the states in the Federation spoke!

It would be nice if everyone spoke English in an English speaking country.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/Licenses/ident_ver_posterpint.pdf

All states can issue immigrants withe green card's licenses, NJ has 6 point verification for them also.

If they have a valid Green card, then they are legal, not illegal.

Well this gentleman may have been legal....

My close friends owns a major construction business, they did some work for Fort Dix

and the AFB down near Borden town. The Military required all info on all his employees

he provided it all to them. 3 weeks later it came back that 2 of his long time workers were illegal.

They had Fake NJ DL's that look 100% ss numbers and were paid by check every week no cash.

Those workers were deported by the military. My friend sponsored one to come back because they

were close with him after 15 years but they had no idea. Getting fakes is easy, getting the real thing in NJ isnt.

English as the official language of the US should be added.

Period!

Gotta strongly disagree since we have freedoms here unlike other countries.

We do not need any new law's restricting what we say and how we say it and what language it's said in.

Persons with temporary protection from deportation

That's from the MVC website as one of the documents acceptable. If ICE picks up an illegal and that's all they have done (not committed a crime, etc) the only thing they can do is release him on a $1500 bond pending the hearing which may be months away. This may constitute "temporary protection from deportation" as far as MVC is concerned but I'm not sure.

Mikeyboyeee, I think you have lost your license to discuss constitutional issues. The 18th Amendment to the Constitution made intoxicating liquors prohibited in the United States, starting in 1919. It was repealed by the 21st Amendment in 1933. So, that's a nice important example of a stupid addition to the Constitution which was later removed.

Mikeyboyeee, I think you have lost your license to discuss constitutional issues. The 18th Amendment to the Constitution made intoxicating liquors prohibited in the United States, starting in 1919. It was repealed by the 21st Amendment in 1933. So, that's a nice important example of a stupid addition to the Constitution which was later removed.

Name 2 ;)

Update:

Dear Sgt. XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me about comprehensive immigration reform. I appreciate hearing from you and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

I share your concerns about immigration and I believe that the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 forced us undertake a long overdue re-evaluation of immigration security controls. An estimated 12 million illegal immigrants are currently living in the United States, and more than 221,000 of them reside in New Jersey. The enormous size of this undocumented immigrant population poses several unique threats. While it is difficult to ascertain the real net cost of illegal immigration to the federal government, estimates range from several billion to tens of billions of dollars a year in education, medical care, and incarceration expenses.

But while acknowledging these significant threats posed by illegal immigration, I also believe that immigrants have always played a vital role in the development of our country by contributing to our culture, economy and political landscape. However, it is imperative that the government take all necessary steps to stop illegal immigration. I am working very hard to strike a balance in reforming the immigration process in our country; ensuring that individuals who wish to harm Americans are barred from entering our borders, while simultaneously making certain that the legal immigration process, on which the United States has been built, is strengthened to provide for the further enrichment and development of our nation.

Since 2000, the number of illegal immigrants entering the country has risen by 500,000 a year, and?"because we now have 12 million people living here illegally?"punitive measures like mass arrests, incarcerations, and deportations are impractical, hugely expensive, and ill-advised. In order to protect against illegal immigration, it is imperative that the U.S. government strictly enforce its immigration policy and secure our nation's borders. We must do everything in our power to create and maintain an impenetrable border to ensure that the avenues of legal immigration are used. I have and will continue to fight for increased border security.

Comprehensive immigration reform is critical and I believe it must include establishment of a path to citizenship for the undocumented immigrants who are already in the United States. The criteria for this path should include:

? Registration and documentation;

? Lack of a criminal record;

? Proof of a steady job;

? Payment of back taxes;

? The payment of a reasonable fine that is commensurate with the law that was violated

when these 12 million individuals immigrated illegally into this country;

? English language and American civics proficiency;

? Finally, waiting for citizenship behind those who are here legally.

Finally, our laws against the hiring of illegal immigrants must be enforced. Any effective immigration reform must include tough penalties for employers who repeatedly turn a blind eye and exploit illegal immigrants for cheap labor. I support legislation requiring employers to start using a previously voluntary electronic verification system to ensure that all new employees are working here legally and double fines for employers who hire illegal workers.

With new leadership from President Obama, I am confident we can work to protect our borders, take action to effectively address the status of the 12 million illegal immigrants, and put them onto a reasonable path to citizenship. Please be assured that I will keep your views very much in mind as Congress considers immigration matters in the future.

Thank you again for contacting me. As your Representative in the United States Congress, it is a privilege and an honor to serve you and to act as your voice in Washington. Please feel free to contact me again with any other issue or matter that concerns you. You may also want to visit my website at http://www.house.gov/rothman where you can find out how I have voted on legislation, learn which bills I have introduced and cosponsored, and keep current with my latest Congressional activities and policy statements.

Sincerely,

Steve Rothman

Member of Congress

My last name has been removed. Your take on this correspondence?

In 2004 I renewed my NJ DL, went to the North Bergen office showed my license and passport they denied it, my DL had my middle name, my passport not, since I became citizen I dropped the middle name. The Lodi office gave me no problem. Changing to the Florida license, was easier, gave my NJ DL did not show any other document or was ask for it and no test. I have a commercial DL.

As part of the 6 points of ID process, proof of legal status in the country is required to get a NJ driver's license.

Now it is... It wasn't always. Until they went to the 6 point system, NJ was the easiest license to duplicate. Now it is among the hardest.

As part of the 6 points of ID process, proof of legal status in the country is required to get a NJ driver's license.

Now it is... It wasn't always. Until they went to the 6 point system, NJ was the easiest license to duplicate. Now it is among the hardest.

IIn February 2004 the motor vehicle had the 6 points system, all I did was to show my passport, and license, was in Lodi a state agency. In 1976 when I moved to NJ from NY all they ask was, what country I was born, they wrote it in the back of the form, when we had the paper license no proof what so ever. In 1980 or 81 coming to the states from Canada in a bus all I showed was my license, they did not ask me for other proof, I was a citizen. I know now they have a new license like a credit card type. January 1, 2010 Florida changes the way you get you DL and Florida ID Card.

I realize that English is not the official language of the United States. I'm not necessarily suggesting that it should be either.

What is wrong with English being the "Official Language"? Are you afraid of not being PC?

My grandparents spoke a foreign language at home. But spoke the defacto Official Language,english, in public. Sorry, that sounds the way it should be.

Open to other opinions...

My grandparents (in the 1920's and 30's) and my father (in the 60's) all had to learn English in order to function. Certainly, time marches on and things change, however; what kind of financial load is placed upon "the people" in order that we have a driver's license exam in every language on this globe?

Furthermore, are street signs in English or are they multi-lingual? Stop, Yield, Speed Limit all seem to be and remain English Only. It's discriminatory, I swear!

I came to US in 1981 - legally, and I have contributed to the GDP of this country, but I have paid (more than fair) share of taxes due to the illegal population.

My thoughts on this subject are very clear cut and I will not beat around the bush for political correctness.

English as the one official language. There is no need for a 2nd "official" language.

Yes, we are a nation built by immigrants, but that doesn't mean it should be allowed to be a nation of illegal immigrants!

Illegals should be deported immediately. So what, if they come back again? Deport them again - that's what it takes to enforce the law. The cost of deportation is exaggerated; in the long run it costs less. I find immigration "reform" to be complete BS (well, politics of votes!); it's an oxymoron at best.

What about children of illegals? (They automatically become citizens if they were born here.) Adoption is the only viable and realistic option. We don't want the kids to suffer (not their fault), but neither do we want them to become wards of the state. Illegal parents can apply for immigration like anyone else (no lotteries, jumping the queue, and other such nonsense), but in the meantime they must return back to the country of origin. I know that's tough, but enforcing the laws is what will reform the chaos.

This has nothing to do with the constitution; it's fine the way it's.

Finally, I don't want my hard earned money to be sucked into (more and more) fed, state and local taxes to pay for services to illegals. In many cases, illegals have it better than legals when it comes to services. Look at the "health care reform", another mess! In part, illegals contribute to the complexities in devising a fair solution. Whatever happened to free and fair market system? What next? We will buy a house for a person who can't afford to buy one - at tax payers' expense!?

There are many other aspects to this, but I have focused on the fundamentals.