tony357

double tap, anybody?

Ha, wow. Is it me, or is it sooooo hard to get into a good, strong stance? I know newbies who don't shoot tend to forget... though at the same time, wouldn't they want to be conscientiously aware when firing a juggernaut like the 500SW? Haha, oh well.

500 is not bad to shoot. Jframe with 158gr 357 cal is worse recoil.

Yeah, try NJTom's 357 loads out of his Ruger GP100. Murder on your wrist!

Ruger SP101 ;)

Oops, I get those two models mixed up. My friend just boughtthe SP101 and with 38's is a real joy! BTW, the charter finally runs great!

Now, back to the case in point. How can that happen with a 500S&W? Was she holding down on the trigger and the recoil caused the second shot? Kinda like a bump fire, no?

Just like a bump fire. I would also bet the guy fooled around with the return spring to lighten up the trigger pull.

I've never seen bump firing with a revolver before... its such a long trigger pull, I thought that would only be possible with semi autos

The recoil impulse is so strong that it actually forces the hammer all the way back. If you still have the trigger pulled all the way back, there is nothing to stop the hammer from falling on the next round. I had that happen once. Needless to say, I backed down the load just a hair.