BCeagle

Anyplace to shoot close to Parsippany

BH should only be like 30-40 minutes from parsipanny I think...

OBRPC is about an hour away, so pretty much a wash between that and Cherry Ridge.. altho it should prob take you about 45 minutes to get to CR depending on where in Parsip you are.

RayRay has mentioned some range in Bayonne that might be about half an hour away give or take

But just looking at the map, I would say BH is probably your best bet. You may wanna double check the time it takes to get there

I have been using the Bullet Hole, but I was hoping there was someplace close. The ride is odd, usually 45 minutes on a Sunday morning, but I wish they opened a little earlier on sunday too.

Cherry Ridge is probably no farther for you, 287 N to 23 N to Canistear Rd to Range Rd.

There's http://www.riverdalepistol.org/ but it's members-only and I'm not a member (yet). That's probably closest to Parsippany at the 287/23 junction.

edit: oh and it's pistols and rifles that shoot pistol ammo only

The range supports a number of shooting activities year-round. It has twelve 25-yard shooting positions, each equipped with Caswell electronic target carriers adjustable for distance. Firearms are restricted to handguns and .22-rimfire caliber rifles. Handgun caliber carbines may also be used but only with lead or frangible bullets (no jacketed). Magnum calibers are prohibited in any firearm.

I have been using the Bullet Hole, but I was hoping there was someplace close. The ride is odd, usually 45 minutes on a Sunday morning, but I wish they opened a little earlier on sunday too.

Cherry Ridge is probably no farther for you, 287 N to 23 N to Canistear Rd to Range Rd.

Thats what sucks, 45 minutes to anyplace is BS. I would love to head out every sunday and get some work in but with family and time restraints it costs me 3 hours for 1 hour of range time.

Would love to open something on Route 10

Col. How much longer (season wise) is Hercules open? I went there last year and the very nice gentleman who's name escapes me said he had no problem with me shooting my hand guns. I never to a chance to go back. You just have to use your head when shooting. It's also a llittle hard to turn around in there if you have a large vehicle.

I'd be interested in going to Hercules some time, not too far from me. Some questions:

Can you shoot rifle there, or just handguns & shotguns?

Hours of operations? (I understand it's less an official range and more of a 'place to shoot guns in the woods')

Membership required?

All I ever hear is "I shoot at Bullet Hole but..."

a) I wish there was some place closer

b) I wish there was some place nicer

c) I wish there was just some other place

Sounds like a business opportunity. Are the folks from BH even aware of the levels of apathy surrounding their shop?

And in the spirit of transparency I'll say that I've shot at BH a few times. I've shot at much better places and I've also shot at much worse. It's the closest range to where I live. My main observation is that because of its size the front of the shop is usually crowded and that seems to add a level of stress to both the employees and the patrons.

The folks in the range itself have always been very nice and helpful. It's a tight fit in there when all the ports are full. You've got to sort of fight for room for any range bags, gun cases, targets and boxes of ammo. Lots of LE types at the times when I've been there plus the occasional long gunner.

All in all it's OK, but...

This came up during a search for something else. I don't know how old the information is, or even if the place is still there.

Florham Park Sportsmen's Club

Address: 19 KENSINGTON RD FLORHAM PARK, NJ 07932

Voice: 1-973-377-2903 Fax:

Keywords: SHOOTING RANGE, SKEET, TRAP, RIFLE, PISTOL,

Sounds like a business opportunity. Are the folks from BH even aware of the levels of apathy surrounding their shop?

And in the spirit of transparency I'll say that I've shot at BH a few times. I've shot at much better places and I've also shot at much worse. It's the closest range to where I live. My main observation is that because of its size the front of the shop is usually crowded and that seems to add a level of stress to both the employees and the patrons.

The folks in the range itself have always been very nice and helpful. It's a tight fit in there when all the ports are full. You've got to sort of fight for room for any range bags, gun cases, targets and boxes of ammo. Lots of LE types at the times when I've been there plus the occasional long gunner.

I thought the same thing, I was looking at the wharehouses around RT 10 and 287 and I bet you can build something pretty nice, startup costs would be a bitch though. I am going to join Cherry Ridge in Jan. I dont mind BH but for the trip I would like something longer and less tight.

Yeah, some place near Route 10 would be awfully convenient. Knowing absolutely nothing about running a range I would have to imagine that the costs -- especially for insurance -- are probably challenging. Maybe it's worth looking into...

I was worried about an air filtration system for all the lead dust and the rent. Both I imagine would be hefty. I will look into and see what I can find.

An air filtration system is the least of your concerns. Backstop, insurance, port construction and ensuring that neighbors remain bulletproof as well as future lead remediation will be among your largest costs.

Airflow should originate behind the shooter at the shooting port and be exhausted downrange creating a somewhat linear airflow with the clean air being behind the shooter and the dirty air downstream. HEPA filters will contain lead dust/particulate. I'm not sure, but I would speculate that the HEPA filters, when loaded (full of dust), may need to be remediated instead of just dumping them in the trash. Due to the use of HEPA filters, the exhaust fans will need to be fairly beefy. Lighting should be designed so that it is difficult to hit with a bullet while maintaining satisfactory illumination of the target at any point downstream. Your target transport system will also not be cheap.

Sounds like someone way listening to you.

This came up during a search for something else. I don't know how old the information is, or even if the place is still there.

Florham Park Sportsmen's Club

Address: 19 KENSINGTON RD FLORHAM PARK, NJ 07932

Voice: 1-973-377-2903 Fax:

Keywords: SHOOTING RANGE, SKEET, TRAP, RIFLE, PISTOL,

I've shot here with a member, great range. All outdoor: pistol range (steel targets), 100yd. rifle and trap. It's extremely difficult to join, you need to be sponsored by a current member (they are prohibited from sponsoring anyone during a lengthy initial probationary period).

I don't know where they got that info from, but there is definitely NOT a outdoor skeet range at 5 Saddle rd in Cedar Knolls.

Yeah. I've see that on some others. That has to be the address of the "registered agent" or contact person. You may have to go to their website link to get the physical location's address.

Since you have to drive roughly an hour anyway,Easton Fish and Game in easton Pa .Its an hour for me and im in montville. $60 for the first year then 30 after that.

Covered pistols and 100 yrd rifle range,training range. Also there will be a range opening in Morris county pretty soon. they are in the putting the building up now.

9 lanes,rifle and pistol. Lounge area,ammo ,accessory sales.