Springfield1911

Shore shot

Is there a NJGF ID card to be able to take advantage of any discounts worked out with ranges, suppliers, etc.? I am trying to work out getting to Shore Shot on Sunday.

NJGF membership gets you $10 walk-on fee instead of usual $20. Cheaper membership too, but I forget tje numbers.

NJGF membership gets you $10 walk-on fee instead of usual $20. Cheaper membership too, but I forget tje numbers.

Here is a link to the original thread. You are correct. It is a $10 walk-on for forum members ($20 for non-members) and $190 yearly membership for members ($225 for non-members). You need to tell them your username so they can verify your membership.

http://njgunforums.c...iscount__st__40

• Like 1

Is there a NJGF ID card to be able to take advantage of any discounts worked out with ranges, suppliers, etc.? I am trying to work out getting to Shore Shot on Sunday.

print out this page because the guys that work sunday dont work any other day and dont know about the specials.. sorry for any inconvenience. any other day you come in the guys will know about it.. ill leave a note but i cant promise they will know whats going on sorry

I am going back next weekend with another female friend who has never shot before.

A liberal academic type who is not into guns, but she wants to try it, so ;)

Hope Doug is there to carry the load for me again ;)

what day are you going? Doug works friday night saturdays and sundays..

print out this page because the guys that work sunday dont work any other day and dont know about the specials.. sorry for any inconvenience. any other day you come in the guys will know about it.. ill leave a note but i cant promise they will know whats going on sorry

I can attest to that.

I was there a couple of Sundays ago and when I mentioned NJGF for a discount he was unaware of it.

However, he was kind enough to take my word for it.

YMMV though

I went on a Sunday, mentioned I was from NJGF and was charged the $10 special.

I'm gonna leave work a little early today, grab my gear and head down tonight. Anyone else interested in going? Fridays are an interesting night to go as a few of the match shooters practice that night and you often see couples roll in for date night.

Heading back down to Shore Shot this morning with the wife and kids to purchase a 9mm and get the wife and sons on the range! Shot there couple weeks ago brought my 11 year old and my Mom who never fired a gun in her life. She loved it! we rented a Sig p226 9mm and a Mosquito .22lr good time had by all. After lurking these forums for a while I became convinced to leave the internet shopping alone and support a B&M place that provides us great service and a place to shoot :) I'll have to post pics later of whatever I end up buying.

-Croc

Great Time at SS today! Bought a nice Springfield XD-9 Bi tone with Trijicon night sights (used gun but in very nice condition) for $495.00 then the wife and I shot some rounds thru it and I rented a

Sig p226 .22 which my sons enjoyed shooting. Great RO's on duty helped us out, gotta love Shore Shot. Included pic of the XD.post-2662-0-50108700-1296339090_thumb.jpg

Great Time at SS today! Bought a nice Springfield XD-9 Bi tone with Trijicon night sights (used gun but in very nice condition) for $495.00 then the wife and I shot some rounds thru it and I rented a

Sig p226 .22 which my sons enjoyed shooting. Great RO's on duty helped us out, gotta love Shore Shot. Included pic of the XD.post-2662-0-50108700-1296339090_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the new pistol.

After Rays closed down in Plainfeild it was hard to find another Range/Store that was even close to match the facility,Store,Staff, and Range that Rays had to offer. My father and I heard about Shore Shot from a friend and went down there. That was 2 years ago.

As of today i would only go to Shore Shot Pistol range. I bought my First handgun from them, after alot of research and alot of help from their staff.(The black guy, i don't know his name) but he is a saint and took an hour of his valuable time to go over my choices and help me pick the right firearm for me.

The range is very well lighted and everyone there is friendly and you dont feel intimidated as a novice when you shoot their.

With that being said, though money is always tight, When i do save up enough I head right over to Shore shot With my shore shot Glock 34 and have a fun day every time with friends and family or even by myself.

I even did the Fun shoot one night, I think i missed every target lol but everyone there didnt care and we joked about it. It really was a "Fun" shoot.

So in conclusion, Shore shot all the way. Joe Cerillo Jr. sent you

After Rays closed down in Plainfeild it was hard to find another Range/Store that was even close to match the facility,Store,Staff, and Range that Rays had to offer. My father and I heard about Shore Shot from a friend and went down there. That was 2 years ago.

As of today i would only go to Shore Shot Pistol range. I bought my First handgun from them, after alot of research and alot of help from their staff.(The black guy, i don't know his name) but he is a saint and took an hour of his valuable time to go over my choices and help me pick the right firearm for me.

The range is very well lighted and everyone there is friendly and you dont feel intimidated as a novice when you shoot their.

With that being said, though money is always tight, When i do save up enough I head right over to Shore shot With my shore shot Glock 34 and have a fun day every time with friends and family or even by myself.

I even did the Fun shoot one night, I think i missed every target lol but everyone there didnt care and we joked about it. It really was a "Fun" shoot.

So in conclusion, Shore shot all the way. Joe Cerillo Jr. sent you

Doug is the RO you are talking about. Good guy, and patient with newbies too.

Have to echo everyones opinion of Shore Shot and the RO's

Went there today and picked up S&W M&P 45. Was consistently shooting little low. Phil came over and gave me some advice on my grip. Followed his advice and tightened the group right up. Great bunch of guys.

Hey Shore Shot, do us forum members get a discount on the 10 pass membership? And is the 10 pass membership treated like an annual membership (just in those ten visits). Reason I ask is I live an hour away and may not be able to make it out there as much as I'd like so the 10 Pass might be better for me.

My first trip to a range was to Shore Shot and I was thoroughly impressed. It is about an hour away and since it was Saturday it was busy and I had to wait a half hour for a lane but I rented a .22LR to try out. The range master went through the rules, showed me how to load and handle the weapon and the proper grip and stance. Shot a hundred rounds at the 5 yard line. They gave me the NJGF discounted price and now I want to go back to try out 9MM and a .45 caliber somethings. I also got the info on the courses offered by their instructor and the contact information. A great overall experience. I will be going to Bullet Hole since it is closer to work and I can stop by after work to practice. Albeit they have no rentals, my Glock 19 Gen4 has arrived. :icon_e_biggrin:

My friend and I made our first (of many) trips to Shore Shot today and like the others her, we were VERY IMPRESSED! First off, thanks to Kyle for the discount prices, and thanks to all the other staff for their time and help! The rental selection was EXCELLENT! We rented the Glock 19, M&P 9, and the Sig P226. My friend also bought his XD 9mm. Of all those I shot today, the SIG P226 was such a dream to shoot. The trigger was soooooo smooth and the sights were AMAZING! The M&P was a great gun to shoot as well. Trigger was really nice and the sight picture was awesome. Now, the Glock. Glocks feel funny in my hand. That grip angle takes some getting used to. But once I actually shot it, I can see what all the hoopla about them is about. I will be purchasing one later lol. My friends XD is amazing too but it had the most recoil of all the guns. To me, it had the second best sight picture though so it was pretty accurate. All in all, I was best with the P226 and I liked that one the best too.

This was my first group at 5 yards with the Sig. Yes, I could have done better but its my second time shooting ever lol!

2vv6z5y.jpg

Went to SS last Sunday with my buddy (my 3rd time there). We got a lane to share but when we got to the lane there were 2 adjacent lanes open so my buddy asked to use a second lane. The younger guy with glasses refused even though we both paid full price. I then went in and asked another older dude if we can use a second lane and he was cool with it, "no problem" he said. So my buddy set up on an adjacent lane. Now the youger guy comes in and tells us we must use a single lane cuz he's got customers coming and rules are rules.

I don't know what rule he was refering but we paid full admission and should be allowed to use an individual lane. Plus the two empty lanes next to us were empty for most of the 1st hour that we were there, plus my buddy dropped another $30 on a Lula. It was a dick move on the part of the younger guy with glasses. I was going to purchase a TLR-1 after finishing the shoot but after that I decided against it and will likely not go back to SS.

To be fair, we were allowed to stay for about 2 hours without additional cost, but it wasn't crowded there was an empty lane most of the time we were there, and it didn't make it right. Also, everything was better than expected the other two times that I visited SS; I am sure this incident is en exception but bad customer experiences, even once, cost you return business.

I realize that I may get flamed for this, but I feel all customer experiences should be shared and I try to be as objective as possible.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience and it is appreciated that you try to be objective as you can. You are free to choose and go to whichever you like but why be so quick to conclude your SS days based on the bad experience of one day? Objectively you have been more good experiences than bad and you admit the possibility of this one time being a fluke so why not give them a chance to respond to this and possibly give them another shot?

Being residents of this state does not lend the luxury of a long list of range choices so we try to take what we can get within reason. In addition since most of the experiences from a large number of members were mainly positive, maybe you shouldn't be so quick to write them off. I have had a few bad experiences at SS but they don't come close to outweighing all the good ones. Again you are free to do as you wish, but let's see what they say about the incident.

Went to SS last Sunday with my buddy (my 3rd time there). We got a lane to share but when we got to the lane there were 2 adjacent lanes open so my buddy asked to use a second lane. The younger guy with glasses refused even though we both paid full price. I then went in and asked another older dude if we can use a second lane and he was cool with it, "no problem" he said. So my buddy set up on an adjacent lane. Now the youger guy comes in and tells us we must use a single lane cuz he's got customers coming and rules are rules.

I don't know what rule he was refering but we paid full admission and should be allowed to use an individual lane. Plus the two empty lanes next to us were empty for most of the 1st hour that we were there, plus my buddy dropped another $30 on a Lula. It was a dick move on the part of the younger guy with glasses. I was going to purchase a TLR-1 after finishing the shoot but after that I decided against it and will likely not go back to SS.

To be fair, we were allowed to stay for about 2 hours without additional cost, but it wasn't crowded there was an empty lane most of the time we were there, and it didn't make it right. Also, everything was better than expected the other two times that I visited SS; I am sure this incident is en exception but bad customer experiences, even once, cost you return business.

I realize that I may get flamed for this, but I feel all customer experiences should be shared and I try to be as objective as possible.

While I agree that if you paid full price, you should be able to utilize two booths, but you wouldn't have probably gotten on the range fast enough. The fact that you stayed past the 1 hour charge (your $20) should have made up for any issue. Really, was it that bad? I know exactly who your talking about and the kid is relatively new. I also know as a member, I pay a membership fee to have a lane when walking in.

Rough call, but I give the benefit to the range. You were both using one lane, whats the big deal?

While I agree that if you paid full price, you should be able to utilize two booths, but you wouldn't have probably gotten on the range fast enough. The fact that you stayed past the 1 hour charge (your $20) should have made up for any issue. Really, was it that bad? I know exactly who your talking about and the kid is relatively new. I also know as a member, I pay a membership fee to have a lane when walking in.

Rough call, but I give the benefit to the range. You were both using one lane, whats the big deal?

This, PLUS you most likely used less ammo and still had the same fun