Springfield1911

Shore shot

You all made valid points all worthy second and third thoughts. I can't help but be turned off though, I am sure the majority of SS staff has enough common sense to know better when to allow some lee way when it doesn't really impact their bottom line (like the older guy who was totally cool!). We had fun and I made my point by not spending more money at the place that day. I suppose I should give them another chance.

Glad you'll give it another shot... Don't forget, when someone walks in, member or not, the counter staff typically looks in the back to see what lanes are open (if they are crowded). So if everyone spread out when they went in the back, they wouldn't know what lanes are open or not and this could create an unnecessary wait...

post up next time you are going, maybe one or a few of us can meet up...

But do they know you did not spend any more money? If they don't read the forums (and I don't think they follow us that closely,) how would they know? When I go on Tuesday nights, I almost always share a lane. Like Brian said, it slows down my ammo usage and I get to talk to people more. I look at the Tuesday shoots as half shooting/half social. If I go to the range alone, I can put 200-300 rounds down range..but that can get expensive. My typical Tuesday night is about half of that.

One other question? If you are both forum members, why are you paying full price to shoot? All you have to do is tell them you are a forum member.

Back on topic. Who was the RO for the day? Was it that kid or the older guy? If it bothered you that much, I would have politely made my point to the older guy before leaving the range. Bitching about it on here might make you feel better, but will not get any results at SS. If they are not made aware, they can not address it. Just my .02

I went as a guest with a friend of mine last week to the Brick Armory. We shared a lane there. I was a first-timer so he would show me each gun he brought with him since I had NO clue about any of them! After he went through a magazine I would take my turn. Great experience. The staff there was very friendly. I did see the signs for Shore Shot on our way to BA. Strange to have two places so close to each other. You people in the Lakewood/Brick area are lucky!

Went to SS last Sunday with my buddy (my 3rd time there). We got a lane to share but when we got to the lane there were 2 adjacent lanes open so my buddy asked to use a second lane. The younger guy with glasses refused even though we both paid full price. I then went in and asked another older dude if we can use a second lane and he was cool with it, "no problem" he said. So my buddy set up on an adjacent lane. Now the youger guy comes in and tells us we must use a single lane cuz he's got customers coming and rules are rules.

I don't know what rule he was refering but we paid full admission and should be allowed to use an individual lane. Plus the two empty lanes next to us were empty for most of the 1st hour that we were there, plus my buddy dropped another $30 on a Lula. It was a dick move on the part of the younger guy with glasses. I was going to purchase a TLR-1 after finishing the shoot but after that I decided against it and will likely not go back to SS.

To be fair, we were allowed to stay for about 2 hours without additional cost, but it wasn't crowded there was an empty lane most of the time we were there, and it didn't make it right. Also, everything was better than expected the other two times that I visited SS; I am sure this incident is en exception but bad customer experiences, even once, cost you return business.

I realize that I may get flamed for this, but I feel all customer experiences should be shared and I try to be as objective as possible.

I'm going on 2 years as a SS member, and yes, the guy you described is new. He's probably a bit over zealous, and will adapt soon enough. I've learned that any issue a shooter may encounter at SS can be resolved easily if you talk to the right person.

What you described, being that you both paid full price, you should have had 2 lanes. What if you walked in 10 minutes apart (rhetorical question)?

Go shoot there again and mention the situation to Kyle or Billy. My guess is that you'll get a free pass for your session.

I live about two hours away from Shore Shot, and it was worth every minute of the drive over there. Awesome selection of hand guns, and great guys to deal with.

knowledgeable, and fast. As for rifles and shotguns they have a good selection of tactical gear, not so much if your into hunting... And I like that, its hard to find a shopin NJ with a nice selection of hard to find (on the shelf) tactical rifles/shotties. I saw a bunch of LWRC rifles, 7.62x39 rifles, HK clones, Home defense rifles and shot guns, Ect, Ect. They also have gear I have never seen in a NJ gun shop, drop leg magazine holders, Magpul gear, Condor tactical gear, great selection of holsters, handgun sights, 15 round mags!!!... Oh and did I mention they have an indoor range!!! :)

If your looking for a hunting/fishing store this is probably not the place for you, BUT if you in the market for a handgun (great selection), home defense rifle or shotty, and some cool gear, this is the place!!! Best to go mid week and early if you can. As Arnold say's "I'll be Back"....

Heading to SS Sun to shoot for there for the first time...Anything I should know before going?

Get there early, they tend to get crowded on weekends. Other than that, follow standard safety rules and you should have a good time.

But do they know you did not spend any more money? If they don't read the forums (and I don't think they follow us that closely,) how would they know?

SS is here, Kyle is on the forums, I'd bet he has seen the post. He has dealt with other issues in the SS section and handled some of them well when there wan issue.

Harry

SS is here, Kyle is on the forums, I'd bet he has seen the post. He has dealt with other issues in the SS section and handled some of them well when there wan issue.

Harry

Active Posts:

229 (0.57 per day)

Most Active In:

ShoreShot Pistol Range - Lakewood, NJ (96 posts)

14-February 10

Profile Views:

Last Active:

User is offline Mar 05 2011 01:30 PM

Currently:

Not exactly what I would call "very active". Sure, they may be reading stuff without posting but they have not been on for 15 days? I am not saying they are not reactive, I just think they have the (incorrect)idea that the forum has a BA bias and are not that interested in spending a lot of time on it. Everyone knows that I have been a supporter of SS and the guys there, they have been very helpful to me and my son and I value their opinions.

John,

I think they are actyive but not everyday like most of us. The forum being pro BA has certainly changed quite a bit in the last few months.

I think SS is a great range and definitely answers the price requests fast

Hit SS up today for the first time...I would have to say it was a great time. First I was able go get away from the house, wife, kids, mother, work cell and yard work and got to finally shoot my two new toys in peace.. Walther P22 and Super Comanche. The guys there were very helpful. A little wait but nothing too bad as it allowed me to browse the store for some odds and ends. The only thing that I am not used to at a range is allowing more than two people in the range...there were a couple or groups of 3-5 peeps. The ranges I am used to (outside NJ) only allow 2 people at a time...if you have more they swap out. Not a big deal but just not used to that. I will go back and hopefully have another "good day at the range" And the unexpeced 10.00 range fee discount for the NJGF membership was a add BONUS...that was some savings I spent on some 12ga flashbang ammo.

• Like 1

Yea..He rang me up.. 22.00 dollars sir he said.. (20 lane fee and 2.00 for the Dirty bird targets)..(which I could not believe were only a dollar). I said isnt there a NJGF discount...and with out batting a eye he said yep that will be 12.00....freaking awesome!

Yea..He rang me up.. 22.00 dollars sir he said.. (20 lane fee and 2.00 for the Dirty bird targets)..(which I could not believe were only a dollar). I said isnt there a NJGF discount...and with out batting a eye he said yep that will be 12.00....freaking awesome!

That's exactly what happened to me. Nice range, but the blazer aluminum and wolf kinda suck.

Hit SS up today for the first time...I would have to say it was a great time. First I was able go get away from the house, wife, kids, mother, work cell and yard work and got to finally shoot my two new toys in peace.. Walther P22 and Super Comanche. The guys there were very helpful. A little wait but nothing too bad as it allowed me to browse the store for some odds and ends. The only thing that I am not used to at a range is allowing more than two people in the range...there were a couple or groups of 3-5 peeps. The ranges I am used to (outside NJ) only allow 2 people at a time...if you have more they swap out. Not a big deal but just not used to that. I will go back and hopefully have another "good day at the range" And the unexpeced 10.00 range fee discount for the NJGF membership was a add BONUS...that was some savings I spent on some 12ga flashbang ammo.

What do you mean by allowing more than 2 people at a time? I have not been to SS, only BA. I went to BA with a friend and we shared a port (stall, whatever it is called). He was teaching me how to handle and shoot his different weapons. There were a bunch of other people there too. Some were shooting, others were simply standing back and watching.

One thing I didn't like about BA is that there isn't enough shelf space along the wall for all your stuff. After shooting rifles and shotguns we wanted to leave them out of their cases so the barrels could cool but there wasn't enough room. Maybe on a less busy day it wouldn't be so bad. Had a good time none the least!

What do you mean by allowing more than 2 people at a time? I have not been to SS, only BA. I went to BA with a friend and we shared a port (stall, whatever it is called). He was teaching me how to handle and shoot his different weapons. There were a bunch of other people there too. Some were shooting, others were simply standing back and watching.

One thing I didn't like about BA is that there isn't enough shelf space along the wall for all your stuff. After shooting rifles and shotguns we wanted to leave them out of their cases so the barrels could cool but there wasn't enough room. Maybe on a less busy day it wouldn't be so bad. Had a good time none the least!

There was a couple groups of 4-5 people..1 shooter 3-4 people standing watching..I am just used to a couple of other places I have shot they only allow 2 shooters...if you have more in your party you swap them out..no more than 2 people per lane. no biggie...wont stop me from going back.

Ok, gotcha. I saw something similar at the BA, can get crowded really fast in there. Two people per lane is fine, after that you run out of room. Can't wait till we can go outside where it won't be so darn noisy, confined, and filled with smoke!

Do they still have the 2 racks for long guns? I haven't been there in a few months, but the last time I was there, just threw my 10/22 in the rack when I was shooting handgun.

Do they still have the 2 racks for long guns? I haven't been there in a few months, but the last time I was there, just threw my 10/22 in the rack when I was shooting handgun.

The problem with the racks on the back wall AT BRICK ARMORY is that then you have people walking around with uncased arms outside the shooting ports. I stopped going there because I was tired of getting swept by people every time I went shooting there. The last time I went to BA, there was this dude showing his girlfriend how to handle firearms out in the STORE and they were sweeping the whole place. Actually uncasing arms and handling them in the store, and neither Phil or the other guy there said a thing! It is one thing to have a store employee take a gun out of the case, check the chamber, and hand it to you to look at, but taking a weapon out of your case and waving it around is a definite safety violation and should have been addressed.

Sorry as I do not check the forum as much as I should. We are extremely busy down here and I am usually dealing with 3-D customers. To deal with the issue about the not being able to use the other lane, I was not here so I really dont know the details of the event. With that being said Sat's and Sun's have been extremely busy. Im talking about an 1hr to 1hr and a half wait to get on the range. I dont know if people where about to be coming out or not. Also the problem we have a lot is that when two friends are out on two lanes a majority of the time is spent watching each other and leaving a lane not being fully used while people continue to wait. I am sorry that this might have turned you off and I will be talking to Matt about it. If youd inbox me your address I will send you out two free passes to reimburse you and let you give us another try. If you come down on the weekdays we are a lot more leniant but we are just trying to make the range move as smoothly as possible. But once again I was not there and do not know what actually happened.

• Like 1

Sorry as I do not check the forum as much as I should. We are extremely busy down here and I am usually dealing with 3-D customers. To deal with the issue about the not being able to use the other lane, I was not here so I really dont know the details of the event. With that being said Sat's and Sun's have been extremely busy. Im talking about an 1hr to 1hr and a half wait to get on the range. I dont know if people where about to be coming out or not. Also the problem we have a lot is that when two friends are out on two lanes a majority of the time is spent watching each other and leaving a lane not being fully used while people continue to wait. I am sorry that this might have turned you off and I will be talking to Matt about it. If youd inbox me your address I will send you out two free passes to reimburse you and let you give us another try. If you come down on the weekdays we are a lot more leniant but we are just trying to make the range move as smoothly as possible. But once again I was not there and do not know what actually happened.

I was there this afternoon and you were cranking, to the point where some of your guys was asking when you were getting another register.There was a class going on and 8 stations were filled at 2:30 in the afternoon.

Just wanted to say that I really like the energy and vibe I've encountered at SS and look forward to introducing my wife to her first shooting experience with SS in the future.

I was there this afternoon and you were cranking, to the point where some of your guys was asking when you were getting another register.There was a class going on and 8 stations were filled at 2:30 in the afternoon.

Just wanted to say that I really like the energy and vibe I've encountered at SS and look forward to introducing my wife to her first shooting experience with SS in the future.

I was there today during the same time, I picked up px4 today. I was in the right most lane with a friend and his son. May head back again tomorrow

I was there today during the same time, I picked up px4 today. I was in the right most lane with a friend and his son. May head back again tomorrow

With the hand cannon? The kid was rattling the windows with that pistol.

Nah, we were just trying out rental nines and my new px4. The kid in this case is about 6 2. Musts been someone else with the bfg.

I went to ba today to check it out.

It was ok but not good enough to pursuede me away from the discount at shore shot.