Sign in to follow this  
tony357

off the cuff cabelas trip.

about 11:00 am nothing to do i suggested to the wife to make a cabela's trip and she said lets go.

so we packed up and went, my son and his girlfriend came along..

all the way to cabela's and purchased one pair of shoe's a shirt and 38 super brass oh and a new pair of electronic earmuff's :whistle: ..

no lg pistol primers, no #5 powder. bullets were overpriced. I did find a used colt m4 22lr not for sale to nj residents :roll: 575.00

and a bunch of those pre ban lighters!! Like these. :lol:

170 miles one way.

cabelastrip017.jpg

cabelastrip013.jpg

cabelastrip020.jpg

cabelastrip021.jpg

3 mile island :mrgreen: ..not actualy 3 mile we were joking about it in the car..

cabelastrip003.jpg

Me, the misses and the little one took the trip to Cabela's last week. Plenty of ammo but still overpriced. Good to see the shelves are full again. Can't wait for the prices to drop, though.

btw, no photos from the aquarium tony? I thought you were a shore boy?

Just curious Tony...how do you go to Cabela's via Three mile Island?

actualy that was not, jokingly put that their, 3 mile would have 2 more towers i believe..and is above harrisburg.. we actualy raced down river of 3 mile.. that was what sparked the conv in the car about 3 mile..

that was a big plant though not sure which one it is..snapped about 4 pics out the window while driving. :mrgreen:

Funny, I was at Cabela's yesterday too. On the way back from MD to visit GF's parents in PA and it happened to be on the way.

It was mobbed when I went, hard to get through the aisles in the gun section. Good place to go to see lots of stuff in person but I didn't see any compelling prices for anything, including ammo. Lots of "premium" handgun ammo there (Hollowpoint +P stuff at $1/round) but no deals on plinking ammo. Tons of .22LR too, but again at full "retail" price.

Fun place to visit but no deals to be had.

Limerick?

There once was a guy from Kent,

Who's.....xxxx was so xxxx that it xxxx

to save himself the trouble,

he'd fold it over double

and instead of xxxxxx he went.

:laughing-rolling:

how big is it from the air? has anyone said anything about flying near it?

Not too big. There is no problem flying past nuclear power plants, just no loitering. Unless you're a Kennedy and making a documentary on how bad nuclear plants are or the lack of security, then you can go up in a light airplane shortly after 9/11/01 and loiter while filming the plant. They should have ended up in jail, but I guess when you're considered "royalty" by some, you can get away with it.

Good thing your wife didn't know that the Philadelphia Premium Outlets were a stone's throw away. ;)

She did, she said we will have to make a trip their one day. My brotherinlaw takes his wife their and was just talking about it the day before..their is also a sighn almost as big as those towers announcing it.. :lol: