Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Chiappa Firearm

Interesting. Similar to Mateba.

--------

http://www.ammoland.com/2009/12/31/chia ... -revolver/

Chiappa-Rhino-357-Magnum-Revolver.jpg

Dayton, OH --(AmmoLand.com)- Chiappa Firearms debuts a new production revolver and concept at the MKS Supply 2010 SHOT Show display (booth 15549).

Called the Rhino (sort of resembles one too) you will first notice that the barrel is actually at the bottom of the cylinder. The gun is designed to fire from the bottom chamber of the cylinder (6:00 position not 12:00 as with other revolvers).

The new design resulted in improvements of the internal mechanisms over conventional revolver designs yielding up incredible reliability, a super-smooth action and improved safety.

Function over form!

The Rhino

So Tony does the barrel on the bottom reduce "felt" recoil?? :twisted:

not sure about felt recoil, but muzzle flip seems to be less, i did once get to shoot another short barrel 22 similiar and i did notice it flipped up quite a bit, and was no where near as accurate as the S&W. it is very easy to pick your sites back up..

This is the one you liked, well have to find you one. :dance::dance:

My problem with this revolver is how do you use a two handed hold? It would seem if you parked your weak hand index finger on the trigger guard as many do your finger is ideally located to be damaged by the muzzle blast.

I think Mythbusters proved you can sever a finger with the cylinder/forcing cone blast from a 500 S&W.