Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at Bullet Hole

Blame the boss, I am only a messanger :)

Should know more by monday, so keep your eyes peeled!!

How does thursday look for everybody though?

At what times are we looking to meet up? Everyone always forgets to mention the times :p

SUNDAY!!!! Anytime after 12pm is good for me....lets do this guys!

FWIW, I went this past Sunday, got there at about 11:50. There was a line of maybe 8 outside, plus others huddling from the cold in their cars. By the time my hour was up, there was a line of 15 or so waiting inside the range area and the store was packed too. If we're gonna do a Sunday, need to get there early.

If BH is monitoring this thread, is there a good 'down time' when we can come?

If BH is monitoring this thread, is there a good 'down time' when we can come?

I was there this evening (around 5) buying powder and primers and the young lady behind the counter commented how that was the first 'break' all day and she expected it to get crazy again this evening.

OK, so who's going to volunteer to open another range? Here's my requirements:

Close to me :D

Indoor & outdoor

Can handle all pistols, rifles & shotguns

Optional membership fees

Attached shop with supplies, ammo, firearms, etc

On-site gunsmith

That's not asking too much is it?

Seriously, though, it has to be difficult and/or expensive to get a gun shop/range opened here in NJ, otherwise (I have to assume) there'd be far more. There seems to be plenty of demand.

I've been in contact with Jen and so far she said the only day to NOT show up is Wednesday's because that's the day Anthony from GFH is there.

Still waiting to hear back from Jen will post when I hear something.

Thanks

M

OK, so who's going to volunteer to open another range? Here's my requirements:

Close to me :D

Indoor & outdoor

Can handle all pistols, rifles & shotguns

Optional membership fees

Attached shop with supplies, ammo, firearms, etc

On-site gunsmith

That's not asking too much is it?

Seriously, though, it has to be difficult and/or expensive to get a gun shop/range opened here in NJ, otherwise (I have to assume) there'd be far more. There seems to be plenty of demand.

You've got to believe that insurance is a killer, not to mention that the STATE requires you to have a certain level of burglar alarm/surveillance/security.

Count me out boys, I'm going on a date instead. Enjoy yourselves!!

Grats.

Ask her if she wants to come to the range.

If she looks at you funny, act like you were joking, and show her your O face

O-Face.gif

then lose her phone number.

Actually I told her I was going to take her on a date to the shooting range and she replied with an enthusiactic OK, but you'll have to teach me how to shoot. I might keep this one around longer than a month :)

Will get with you guys this weekend or next week. Back to school on this coming monday :(

Yes my date clogged my brain freaking chucklhead you crack me up buddy

I'm a go for next thursday as long as my school schedule doesn't interfere. I'll have that answer by tuesday. Never heard back from Jen at BH so it looks like it'll be 13 bucks per hour so I'll be hanging for only an hour.

M

Took my wife there tonight for her to shoot for the first time. That was fun and, oddly, she shoots better with her left hand than her right. The Beretta was a little heavy for her; we looked at a couple others, a Taurus .380 and a 38 special. Here's a question for the audience at large - what's a good handgun for women? They didn't have any Ruger LCP's in stock, so didn't get to check that out. I suppose the Ruger Marks, but I'd rather she had a .380 or something than a .22.

Couple observations:

- The officer there told us right away no 'head shots', which I thought was strange, but recall someone else saying that. I suppose that prevents people from hitting the back wall as opposed to hitting the 'pile'?

- He also said no shooting at the hangars & such (duh), but someone there did hit a hanger and he told them to put their gun away. Not sure what they were shooting (shotgun?).

- Friday nights appear to be dead there, at least tonight was. There were maybe 5-6 ports open when we got there and about as many when we left (6-7pm-ish?).

- When we were checking out the other handguns, I thought the woman was a bit cavalier with the guns. Didn't check for clear on the semi-auto (I did that), but she opened the revolver at least. I get that they make sure the guns are clear, but still, you can't be too careful. Good prices on the guns though.

All-in-all, it was fun as usual. If you guys are going on Thurs, I'll probably meet you there.