takeji

Animal Control question.

Is the limit of numbered allowed dogs set by the state or the township? I looked around online adn couldn't really find anything. Problem is the Hisidic Jews have been calling animal control on us for "excessive barking" which is a load of crap. Last thing I want is for someone to come and take my dogs away.

"excessive barking" sounds pretty subjective? Sounds like you need Caesar Milan to quiet down the pack. Non-dog people might get pretty annoyed if the dogs are barking all the time. It is a quality of life issue, why should they have to be subjected to constant barking from somebody else's dogs?

I had a coworker years ago who had a neighbor say something to him. Neighbor then pulled out a VHS video to show him how his dogs were barking for hours during the day while he was away. I think he took the dog for training and moved the dog inside rather than outside during the day.

I was being sarcastic about the barking. They dont bark and they are never alone outside so I know exactly how they act. Heck, two of them are deaf and hardly ever bark. It wasn't even one of my neighbors who called animal control. The Hisidic's always threaten us that they are going to call animal control and the closest one to my house is five houses down. They want to make the house across the street into a temple which is why im guessing they want my dogs gone.

I had a coworker years ago who had a neighbor say something to him. Neighbor then pulled out a VHS video to show him how his dogs were barking for hours during the day while he was away. I think he took the dog for training and moved the dog inside rather than outside during the day.

That is exactly what a neighbor should do. Come to you first. I have had the same neighbors for atleast 8 years now. If they had a complaint about my dogs im pretty sure they would come to me first.

I was being sarcastic about the barking. They dont bark and they are never alone outside so I know exactly how they act. Heck, two of them are deaf and hardly ever bark. It wasn't even one of my neighbors who called animal control. The Hisidic's always threaten us that they are going to call animal control and the closest one to my house is five houses down. They want to make the house across the street into a temple which is why im guessing they want my dogs gone.

Part of the reason for my post was to give you an idea - you can video your dogs and PROVE that they are NOT causing a disturbance.

Part of the reason for my post was to give you an idea - you can video your dogs and PROVE that they are NOT causing a disturbance.

Sounds like a good idea but honestly it wouldnt matter in this town. Not to sound racist but if yo uarnt one of them you are kinda screwed.

ANd sorry if I was comming off as an asshole..having a really bad day and it isnt even 1pm. :evil:

if yo uarnt one of them you are kinda screwed.

Whatever do you mean?? I've never been run over by one of them dragging their kids behind them in a shopping cart at MartWal (save better live money) <---family joke

I got to the point that I stood my ground. Let them maneuver around me. :deadhorse:

if yo uarnt one of them you are kinda screwed.

Whatever do you mean?? I've never been run over by one of them dragging their kids behind them in a shopping cart at MartWal (save better live money) <---family joke

I got to the point that I stood my ground. Let them maneuver around me. :deadhorse:

atleast it was a shopping cart and not a car :D . My friend was hit on rt9 with a car going 40mph. Crap, I always almost get hit when I go riding downtown. There is no such thing as red lights, turn signals, or stop signs in Lakewood.

There is no such thing as red lights, turn signals, or stop signs in Lakewood.

I've noticed that while driving in Lakewood. It is also a problem in Whiting/Berkeley/Manchester with 30,000+ seniors on the road.

OP,

I'll take it on face value that your dogs are not a nuisance. That being said, what motivations could these people have for trying to get you into trouble? Are they trying to get you to move for some yet to be explained purpose? Would they like to buy your house cheap and then tear it down to provide parking for their proposed temple? Follow the money trail on this one.

Remember, they have to prove your dogs are a nuisance. You don't have to prove they aren't.

"excessive barking" sounds pretty subjective?

I'm not sure what the Lakewood ordinance says but this is the reason I've seen ordinances that say something like "dog barked for 5 minutes out of 15. Go to City Hall, the library, or you may find the specific ordinance says. If your dog never hits this criteria I wouldn't worry about it. Document (written record should do) of date, time that the "neighbors complain. Research the city ordinances (usually much better defined than criminal statutes) about harassment. Tell the guys complaining that you intend to sign a complaint agaisnt them for harassing you if they keep it up. Also they usually require a lower standard of proof. If the guy is always calling the police that would provide additional documentation. Testimony from your neighbors would also refute the false claim.

I don't think this would help you as all your adversary has to say is "of course he would tape the dogs when they are not barking". The burden of proof is on him not you.