No limit as hodgie said.

Only thing you have to watch for, if you are buying more than 2? at a time from the same dealer, they have to fill out another ATF form, for multiple gun purchases, and that does raise a flag.

Folks along the mexican border have been getting ATF visits to make sure the guns they bought they had in their possession.

Only thing you have to watch for, if you are buying more than 2? at a time from the same dealer, they have to fill out another ATF form, for multiple gun purchases, and that does raise a flag.

Not me and this was just this past summer.

As stated below I believe this is only for Hand Guns unless something has changed.

The customer doest fill it out. The dealer does. =)

Got ya, so the guy I saw last week at Shore Shot buying up the store with a shopping cart of the following 1 AR-15, Beretta storm Carbine, Glock and some revolver maybe getting a visit shortly from the Fed's.

Serves him right he had an attitude issue... :)

I don't know of a form reporting multiple long gun purchases but it may be something the state police (of whatever state) and/or BATFE has requested under "suspicious firerams purchases". Go buy a 10/22, 870, and AR probably wouldn't raise an eyebrow. Buy 3 ARs or AKs might.

where is my wife at.with me 1.maybe in the car ,can we stuff 2 or 3 in the case i brought.if she is at home a whole bunch if I get caught ,these old things were at the store on consignment and didnt sell so the asked me to take them home

Last time I drove down to paul's (PK90) i left with 7. 4 handguns and 3 rifles.....

Where's the war? :lol:

According to the idiots who post in the comments on NJ.com that wiould probably make me the Equivalent of OBL :twisted:

The FEDERAL form is ONLY for multiple handguns.

And Paul, correct me if I'm wrong, but "multiple" simply means more than one - so a two handgun purchase would be reported.

This is the reason the BATFE came out against OGAM. They use the multiple purchase form to track potential strawman purchasers. The passage of OGAM hinders the federal enforcement effort - which is what is needed since this is an interstate problem. Can you say "irony" boys and girls?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The FEDERAL form is ONLY for multiple handguns.

And Paul, correct me if I'm wrong, but "multiple" simply means more than one - so a two handgun purchase would be reported.

This is the reason the BATFE came out against OGAM. They use the multiple purchase form to track potential strawman purchasers. The passage of OGAM hinders the federal enforcement effort - which is what is needed since this is an interstate problem. Can you say "irony" boys and girls?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I had one of those forms filled out on my once :-P. The ATF must be busy because they've never showed up that I know of :? *puts tinfoil hat on*

I could be wrong, but I don't think that having the form filled out and sent to ATF automatically means they're going to pay you a visit and kill your dog. It just seems to be an extra transaction record that may at some point down the line be used to piece together strange or irregular buying habits that may indicate a larger issues (i.e. straw purchases).

I could be wrong, but I don't think that having the form filled out and sent to ATF automatically means they're going to pay you a visit and kill your dog. It just seems to be an extra transaction record that may at some point down the line be used to piece together strange or irregular buying habits that may indicate a larger issues (i.e. straw purchases).

+1

• Like 1

I had one of those forms filled out on my once :-P. The ATF must be busy because they've never showed up that I know of :? *puts tinfoil hat on*

Yup, me too. Just days after receiving my initial FID and handgun permits, I bought 2 pistols. So my very first firearms purchase I had that form filled out on me LOL! :-P